I'm bored and it's raining. What to do?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Suit up and go cut wood of course. :greenchainsaw:
I got a couple of oaks a good sized sugar maple and a bonus hickory that got squashed flat under the maple.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back in the house now scrounging for beer.

I think you might need a bigger trailer

or there may be a lot of noodling to break those down. Good score and a nice woods set-up you have there.

Beefie

Me too

Bored, raining lots, but my fields and woods are sooooo soggy that i just hate making all those ruts

Guess I'll just have another cuppa coffe

Is your Deere 4WD ??
Even though my 5205 is, the chains now seem like good idea

Whew! Nice jag a wood on that trailer and very nice wood cutting set up you have there. Those big log chunks are gonna take some nut to throw in the trailer.
Raining hard here also today. Went down cellar to measure up the wood I didnt burn , got 5 cords , guess I'll be ready for next year.

I have found with big trees the fun stops once you yell timber! Even with the 4wd set on the tractor the maple had to come out in sections. I gave it a hopeful yank whole but I just lifted the front off the ground and the tree didn't even budge. I do most of my cutting alone so I sized my gear to what I could handle without eating Advil like M&Ms. I am good for a couple of my little trailers a day and that is about it. If I ever get in over my head we still have a Unimog 406 and a JD 350b with a winch to give me all of the grunt I could use. 90% of the time the little Deere is all I need and if fits where the others don't.

Whew! Nice jag a wood on that trailer and very nice wood cutting set up you have there. Those big log chunks are gonna take some nut to throw in the trailer.
Raining hard here also today. Went down cellar to measure up the wood I didnt burn , got 5 cords , guess I'll be ready for next year.

Dugs sawshop...where is your shop?

Got any more pics of your set-up. Your trailer that is the king kutter brand , how has it been holding up.How do you like the dump , do you have it set-up to run off your hydralics on the tractor.

Beefie

Last edited:
Yup the trailer is the King Kutter 1.5 ton. It is a few years old but I have only had it since last summer. It is built pretty well and seems to be holding its own against the abuse that I give it. I really like the dump feature. Stacking is easy because all of the sticks feed to the rear for easy picking.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Nice rig you have there.....since it was raining, we went to wife's grandson's 1st b-day party, Sunday was shop spring-cleaning day.

Not to "rain" on your cutting (nice job BTW) but its going to be in the 70's here today, flowers are coming out and I'm going for a street bike ride today, blue skies. I'm am finally getting tired of making a fire, and splitting wood, its time for spring here thank God. I don't know how you guys can put up with a 6 plus month winter...I gotta hand it to you 4 months is enough for me

I don't know how you guys can put up with a 6 plus month winter...I gotta hand it to you 4 months is enough for me

Its not six months of winter up here ! your fogetting out 5th season, MUD!

so its 5 months of winter and 1 month of mud season !
dont get me started on Black Fly season !!!!

MD

here, when it's raining I like to head to the basement and if needed;
- sharpen chains
- Check the mix - dump out and replace
- Take clutch covers off saws and clean chips/ grime out
- grease and clean the bars
- wipe down/ check logsplitter

basically maintenance stuff that I don't want to take time to do when it's nice weather :)

Latest posts

Back