I'm done cutting for this year (woodpile pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya got me creamin my jeans but why don't you make a door in those cribs instead of the ladder loading thing? How do you get it out?

If you look at the pic again on the left side you can see the walk in door.

attachment.php

We stack it up as high as I can reach(8 ft) and work towards the door. Once that is done we throw it in off the back of the truck, meaning standing on the tailgate. Ladder is just to get in and out. Then we stack them to the roofline. Getting out is all out the walk in door and is self feeding for awhile. NOT my favorite place to use as it's too labor intensive.

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: Speechless

I get lost watching that law dog and that wild chainsaw... Man thats funny,,, I always thought bringing a 361 to a fight would be worth it,,, but #### they would thank im insane that guys looks pissed,,, what clip is that from?

If you look at the pic again on the left side you can see the walk in door.

attachment.php

We stack it up as high as I can reach(8 ft) and work towards the door. Once that is done we throw it in off the back of the truck, meaning standing on the tailgate. Ladder is just to get in and out. Then we stack them to the roofline. Getting out is all out the walk in door and is self feeding for awhile. NOT my favorite place to use as it's too labor intensive.

So do I get the ten bucks or what?

What are you splitting with?

I get lost watching that law dog and that wild chainsaw... Man thats funny,,, I always thought bringing a 361 to a fight would be worth it,,, but #### they would thank im insane that guys looks pissed,,, what clip is that from?

Happens to me too. He told me its from the early Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie.

Happens to me too. He told me its from the early Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie.
Yup, That's what i was told.

attachment.php

My parents had the last of their old grain bins (exactly like yours) removed over 15 years ago, which was before they got into wood burning. Now they want me to build them a woodshed. :cry:

Nice pics and alot of hard work went into doing that. Well done. My family has been in the construction biz for over 60 years(just closed the family biz finally last year.) Dad used to tell me that him and my uncle cleared more timber in the first five years he was working full time(1973) than he did in the last 25. At the time they both burnt wood and would do all they could to save and cut as much as they could but WOW the trees we burnt in piles. I'm slowly working on getting my wood stash built back up, but dam its not near that big. LOL

Thanks again for the pics.

Trbo

if he finds out about this work pile he'll make Kevin share the wealth........

Kevin, I have never seen so much wood in one spot.

The first time we filled it it took about 3 months of spare time cutting to do. We had a natural gas pipeline come through our property on a railroad rightaway that wasn't ours. They told us to cut anything we wanted as they were just going to burn it all onsite. We'd go through 2 - 4 gallons of fuel a day a saw nonstop trying to get the best stuff we could. That shed has been filled/emptied 3 times now.

We load up the big stuff(by hand) and throw it in a bay and split on a day when it was raining so no time was wasted as we were on a schedule. Here are a coulple of pics from then and the old 1 ton Dodge.

attachment.php

attachment.php

If Obama wants the wood for the huddled masses we'll gladly sell it for faucet prices to him ;)

Great job Kevin, tell your dad the same. An amazing amount work and very good management of time and space. I want to have that much firewood some day. I got saw dust in my veins and I definitely know you do too.:clap:

We found out quick that you can get in with farmers they ALWAY have overgrown fencerows they want cleaned out. Do a good job and they'll keep you with all the wood you'll ever need via referrals. They always like us because we cut everything down to about 1 1/2 inches and we'd throw all the brush out in the field in rows so the could just push it with tractors/dozers to burn it up. Heck, we were just glad we didn't have to do it! ;)

Yes that is how I got all my wood for last year, doing fence row clean-ups and edge of fields.:)

What a pleasure to read this thread... Makes me want to go out and cut with my father, good times for sure! I hope to some day have a setup like that! Do you have any advice with asking farmers for wood that is close to the fields that they work? Right now I have a line on one farmer that wants some stuff chopped down and he said I could have any dead stuff in his woods that I wanted, but it is so hard to get to... None the less, great pictures!

Max

Back