I'm done here.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If by posting that picture of Brad in a victory pose you are implying he is happy Randy is leaving, it may or not be true.

This is not to imply Brad has some of Freddy's other characteristics, just that he could make good money as an impersonator, I also suspect brad will miss Randy.
That's not a pic of me. And I'm absolutely not happy that Randy's leaving!

Sorry to see you go Randy. I really enjoyed your threads and posts and your willingness to share openly.

I have avoided this place for a while due to all the problems but I'm hoping that they get resolved.

On some of the other forums I can barely follow your posts due to all of the BS, and it is hard to remember that we are even talking about chainsaws.

I hope that the AS administrators will address the issues, and that you will reconsider. It really is a unique place.

Thanks.

Phibert

I don't comprehend what Randy or any other sponsors have dealt with here, but I also don't comprehend why it was such a big deal working through the whole hacker problem. It's not like computer hacking is a new thing. I don't mean to be a smart ass by saying this, it's just an honest feeling about the situation. The biggest thing to me is, I just don't like the new format. I guess it's not worth whining about because what's done is done. As someone stated a couple pages back, I have had issues here with other "know it all" members who think their brand of wisdom and intellect should dominate a part of this forum. Honestly that can happen anywhere, and it's probably best left to the members to deal with.

As far as Randy leaving and being open and honest about it. I believe it's an honorable character trait and the reason we've all learned so much from him. I understand what whining is, but I think with all we've read and learned and interacted with Randy, he has more than proven to be a credible, respectable, and wise person. I've noticed he can have a short fuse for BS, but that's not bad either, and I doubt this was an impulse decision on his part.

The site hasn't been the same for a long time, seen alot of very productive members go in the last four or five years, Lakeside, Fish, Thall and now Randy, it seems like it is often the folks who contribute the most are the ones that leave. Since becoming part of a dealership I don't get on near as often as I've usually had enough of chainsaws by the end of the day, but before the hack the database was a good source of information when you came across the 1 in a 100 problem or odd saw, today that isn't the case. The site has done a poor job of policing it's own moderators at times, I certaintly had my issues with one, couldn't post azz without being hammered for language, it was nothing but personal and the mod pretty much laid it out in a pm.
Today all you see is the same old post............example How good is a 440? Which oil? five times a week, less contributing and more stupid questions that could be answered by search.
Randy someone had to take a stand and fall on the sword, doubt it'll do anygood, but thank you for the many great post and advancement of saw porting knowledge, I'll get the MS261 CM down there after the first of the year. Can't wait to have a Masterminded saw! See you on another site. It's truly sad when you think of all the folks that don't post anymore, helluva lot of knowledge lost over the years.

In all honesty.......I was hoping that by posting this in an open forum, the site owners would show up and at least say something. As you all can see, they have not. Their total lack of give-a-damn about this site speaks more about why I no longer want to be a site sponsor than anything I could say.

Sometimes lack of action is more damming than any action could be, in this particular situation volumes have been spoken without a word from the site owners.

In all honesty.......I was hoping that by posting this in an open forum, the site owners would show up and at least say something. As you all can see, they have not. Their total lack of give-a-damn about this site speaks more about why I no longer want to be a site sponsor than anything I could say.
I was wondering the same. On the off-road forums that I frequent the owners jump right into the fray when stuff like this...and much, much worse...happens making for some very good dialog.

This site won't be the same without you Randy. Your a major contributor here.
Hopefully not too late for some reconciliation on both sides after a cooling off period.
I know I still need to get you a little more $$$ to finish upgrading my stable. I'm working on that

Almost three hundred posts about all of our displeasure with Randy not being a sponsor anymore and not a word from Darin? Man It makes me think PogIntheWoods was NOT joking about this site being shipped overseas. He just sits back and collects a premium from the sponsors and lets some Dork over in the desert run the site for him? Is that whats happening? If so that just plain SUCKS! I came here years ago seeking knowledge, Brad and Randy and many others helped me out. Now one of them is being treated poorly and not a word from the "big boss man" NOT GOOD, NOT GOOD AT ALL!!!! Has anybody seen Gink???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back