I'm done stacking!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang!!! That is a lot of wood!!!!

I had a line a few but they backed out right before I was gonna get em. What you paying per, out of curiosity?
First load $15 each. But had to go down a B service road through the wood and into a clearing to get them. One still has about a gallon of roundup.

e5b526073dc68994316c62c06e15ec2c.jpg

I showed this to a client and he searched around and found a place that is selling them. He's a good bargainer, and he worked on them. They delivered 60 via semi truck earlier this year without the plastic inner containers and the top bars were removed and placed in one tote. Knowing him, I wouldn't be surprised if he got the delivered price down to $15/cage or a bit less. They came in an enclosed semi, stacked 2 high and 2 wide. The driver had a pallet jack and moved them to the back of the truck for unloading and I used the tractor to unload them and put them near where he's splitting.

He has 45 of them filled already and is thinking seriously about ordering another 60. He has a tractor with forks to move them around. The wood is cut 16" long, and he figured that if the wood is just thrown into the cage, it takes 4+ cages to = a cord. (we split/stacked a cord, then he and his son threw it into the cages). If the wood is stacked in the cages, it's approx. 3 cages per cord.

Right now the full ones are stacked 2 high, and are tarped on top. The plan is to put them inside his lean-to once it's completed. I figured he's got approx. 50 cords of log length wood to cut and split.

Back