im im excited so i started a new thread got pics of the 066

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

this was with the saw what the hell is it and where does it go? i havent really looked into it as i need ot go to bed incase i decide to go to work tomorrow.

don't know the name, but i suspect it is called chip deflector or something like that.
it goes on the bottom rear of the bar/clutch cover.

hey stihl guys, is that a later style 660 recoil?

Last edited:
now you can go finish that old big oak tree you started with the husky 455. I like that J-B weld. I just mixed up a batch today for the husky 455. I had no clue the case was all plastic W-T-F !!! best of luck with 066. Bill :cheers:

Looks like someone got that clutch and clutch drum real hot at one time. You best take a look behind that clutch drum and make sure the clutch springs, oil pump drive gear, and clutch drum bearing are good to go.

don't know the name, but i suspect it is called chip deflector or something like that.
it goes on the bottom rear of the bar/clutch cover.

hey stihl guys, is that a later style 660 recoil?[/QUOTE]

In a short answer, it's a later style recoil, but it was available on the 066's just before the change over to 660... The cover changed before the model name.

By the way, congrats on the saw.

Last edited:
looks like ill have to wait to work on the saw. i have no idea why but i went to work today. hopefully i dont wreck my truck driving home.

no i havent ran it yet i got it about 11:30 last night when the wife got home. ill prolly fire it up tonight.

i believe that brown crap is from the douglas firs it was used to cutting before i got it, but i do know it does need a new clutch drum bearing, its not shot but im gonna order a new one anyway.

Congratulations!! Cool muff mod, except it looks kind of like snail eyes. But I'm sure that saw ain't no snail, though. I like it.:clap:

While you're at it, you might want to order the clutch drum and both 7 and 8 pin rims. They're all inexpensive wear parts, and its good to have spares.

The roller chain catcher might be a good idea since you have both dogs; its cheap and looks trick.

Take a look at the bore through the drum and see if its scored or galled. If it is, just trash it, otherwise, it'll eat a new bearing.

Latest posts

Back