I'm outta commision for a while

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIG JAKE

Let’s go Brandon!
Reaction score
I had knee surgery yesterday-third rebuild on same knee. Doctor said I'm looking at a metal knee in 20 to 30 years probably. Sitting here dreaming about milling in the coming year and enjoying the pics/posts of the nice work you guys do is about all I have right now. Thanks in advance :cheers:

Jake, been there done that. 2 scopes on one knee & an acl on the other. Ain't much cartilage left, so i gues it will be titanium some day in the future for me too. Re-hab sucks, hang in there!
Rember, lots of coctails really speed the healing process:) :cheers:

RD

Jake, been there done that. 2 scopes on one knee & an acl on the other. Ain't much cartilage left, so i gues it will be titanium some day in the future for me too. Re-hab sucks, hang in there!
Rember, lots of coctails really speed the healing process:) :cheers:

RD

Might be a quite a ride right now with some of the drugs I'm on! Maybe in a few days.:greenchainsaw:

I feel your pain. After my knee surgery I remember the doctor saying I might get arthritis one day – MIGHT – it sucks. My wife has ripped both ACL’s as well. Sure does make you feel old. You will have a hard time looking at the pictures of people running their CSM on their knees. Take care the next few weeks. The best of luck to you.

Hang in there man keep motivated thinking about when you WILL get to mill again, it sounds like your not one that is kept down real easy so do what you can to not get bored let yourself heal up good and get back in the saddle when you can,, best wishes on a speedy recovery get well soon and Merry Christmas to you and yours!! Hang in there :cheers:

Good luck with the knee.Hope it heals well for ya so you can get back to what you like doing.My back keeps me away sometimes, so i know how you feel. Mark

I feel your pain. After my knee surgery I remember the doctor saying I might get arthritis one day – MIGHT – it sucks. My wife has ripped both ACL’s as well. Sure does make you feel old. You will have a hard time looking at the pictures of people running their CSM on their knees. Take care the next few weeks. The best of luck to you.

I've got an uncle that is a retired contractor. He said if he could do over he would have worn knee pads whenever he was on his knees. He had the metal knee install about 1.5 years ago and they told him not to kneel on the metal knee or you could break it. I thought they were more durable than that.

Hang in there man

I know its a hard time...been there done that. Keep your spirits up and do ALL the exercises the Docs tell you to. You gotta keep moving

Good luck with rehab Jake. I'm lucky my knees and back are still OK but I still try to minimize the stress I place on them.

Hang in there man

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know its a hard time...been there done that. Keep your spirits up and do ALL the exercises the Docs tell you to. You gotta keep moving

Thanks Bob/Mike-I'm ok. Soon as I'm able I'll go sit in the shop and clean saws, sharpen chains :) , and modify/improve my Jake mill a little. Nothing to write home about it's too big and too heavy, really. Way over built but I'm thinking i'll cut it down and go from 11 gauge steel to 16 gauge. Should lighten it up a little. I also want to improve on the adjustability of the clamps on the uprights for depth adjustment. My 011 has an intake air leak also. Hard to sit a round.

:givebeer:

It helps to stay busy no matter how small

About year ago I had major surgery..life threatening surgery. It put me out of commission for about 6 months. About three months later I was involved in a project that kept my mind off things and it really helped. Much better than sitting and thinking about all the what ifs. Keep busy as you can..it helps

Just a tip on knee replacement, you do not kneel on replacement knees at all. It hurts like hell:censored: : The metal pinches, it is just not meant to be.
And if you need both knees replaced, do them one at a time by the same doctor.
Not both together like I did, there is a very damn good reason for this.
Some doctors are not above using you to teach others or their buddies on the procedure. I am sure at a price.
This is all well & good at times.
But if there is a mistake on putting you back together, you will have a reminder the rest of your life to think about. :jawdrop:
Oh by the way, tell the Doc you want the toes pointing straight up & matching the other set. Not pointed in at 3 oclock.
When he is finished:clap:
On another subject never put off a shoulder replacement. With the new procedure developed by sport meds here in Dallas. It is a snap compared to knee replacement.

Good luck Big Jake!!

Hope you heal up fast,,and all goes good for you..

Appreciate it fellers. I'm sitting here by the woodstove watching the rain come down outside (big system). Just loaded the last piece of wood-(16 year old daughter was grumbling this morning about not having time to get some wood before school (grumbling about other things too :confused: ). I figure help with a joyful heart or forget it. I'm not pissed though I'll "git er done" one chunk at a time-something to do anyway.
Amazing how many little things you take for granted. Thought occurred to me how the heck would I cut wood if I was in a wheel chair? Luckily I can sit here and plan :) for spring. I think I'll order a dual port muffler for my 066.

I got 3 squares, a roof, a job(far as I know):cool: , and plenty of saws :greenchainsaw: Counting my blessings from a different perspective.

Ever try to do an exercise bike with one leg? :monkey:

Sorry to hear about your temporary incapacity. Hope you're up and around before long.

Where do you cut? Where is your cabin located? And, if you don't mind me asking, where do you get the bigger logs?

My wife works for the USFS in Albuquerque. Just curious.

Latest posts

Back