Impulse line and more 036 questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I finished up my 036 freebee/project today. Did not fire it up as no fresh mix and am waiting on a new bar/chain. Anyway a few questions....

Went to the closest, rather than the best Stihl deale.r to get some parts a while ago. They deal with Husky, Stihl and small equipment, service dept sucks, don't know how/won't do a pressure test......

Anyway asked for impulse line for an 036, enough for a couple saws, more if it will fit other mid/large (028-066) stihls too.

The OEM stuff is black and pretty rigid. Parts person gave me a few feet of translucent yellow stuff much softer than the OEM. Did not realize the difference till time to do the dirty deed and the one on the saw was still in pretty good shape, I left it on. Anyway, do you use a OEM type or assumedly generic tubing? Is this softer yellow stuff a Husky thing?

Second question is concerning 036 fuel hoses, two part #s ending in 7000 and 7002, is one an upgrade and will either/or fit all 036? Again I got a part a little "different" (but in this case an OEM one). Main difference is sealing surface about tank interface and also slightly different lenghts on carb and fuel sides.

I took some pictures along the way of the assembly and will post them on the other thread.

Thanks in advance for your help/guidance !!!

The tygon will work, and I have used it. I dont think it will hold up as long as OEM quality Stihl line, but that choice is yours. I use tygon on all non-stihl saws. Stihl makes their equipment to where it is difficult to use tygon on the fuel lines, and some impulse lines.

They gave you tygon fuel tubing. I use OEM only on impulse hoses. I don't know if the tygon will work or not.

Thats what i thought. We use tygon/nalgene in chemistry labs and I can get stuff the same I.D. but MUCH thicker O.D., teflon lined if I want. I would not trust it when it heats up as it becomes VERY pliable.

Now you know why it pays to go to a dealer with good service dept........

Thanks.

Thats what i thought. We use tygon/nalgene in chemistry labs and I can get stuff the same I.D. but MUCH thicker O.D., teflon lined if I want. I would not trust it when it heats up as it becomes VERY pliable.

Now you know why it pays to go to a dealer with good service dept........

Thanks.

Good point. There are a lot of idiot dealers out there.

Back