in jail for selling firewood at 75 bucks a cord

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E&R_firewood

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
it all started with a load of milled house logs in transit and some less that trustworthy tie downs on the bunks . . .well the logs spilled and were kindly pushed off to the side of the road with a Cat by the fellow whose home they landed in front of . . . the owner of the logs (my neighbor) did not seem concerned with their welfare they sat and sat for over a month . . .a guy i used to work with; we will call him "Jim" calls me wanting to borrow "that old echo chainsaw of yer's" i borrow out my 602vl from time to time because i truly believe it can't be hurt. I lend the saw to him, no questions asked . . . "Jim" has a reputation of going to great lengths in order to afford his daily regiment of wild turkey, so i figured he was going to cut some firewood in order to procure the cash for a few bottles, which is exactly what he did . . . in the dark of night with the spotlight from his old pickup truck he turned those house logs into 16" blocks and sold them in no time for $75 a cord (the going rate being $160-180) "Jim" went to jail and was sued for the full retail value of the logs, but not before he returned my saw in fine shape and my neighbor related the story of how his house logs became some cheap BTUs . . .in the course of the conversation i asked my neighbor, what kind of saw he thought "Jim" was using to cut those logs up so quickly . . .said he didn't know but figured it must have been a big Stihl or Husky, because it made quick work of the whole load . . . but in reality i guess "Jim" was thirsty and the Echo was sharp :cheers: :chainsaw:

Last edited:
what a dumbass!

milled wood on the side of the road for over a month... not saying anyone should have touched his wood... but I'd slapped big signs all over it and got it off the roadway in a hurry!

it all started with a load of milled house logs in transit and some less that trustworthy tie downs on the bunks . . .well the logs spilled and were kindly pushed off to the side of the road with a Cat by the fellow whose home they landed in front of . . . the owner of the logs (my neighbor) did not seem concerned with their welfare they sat and sat for over a month . . .

what a dumbass!

milled wood on the side of the road for over a month... not saying anyone should have touched his wood... but I'd slapped big signs all over it and got it off the roadway in a hurry!

that's kinda the way i felt about the whole deal, leaving the house logs there at the roadside that long was almost asking for something detrimental to happen. ole' "Jim" was surely in the wrong, but one can see both sides of the cow pie on this one.

Last edited:
Back