incorporated

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "official" answer should be: "talk to an attorney"

Filing the papers is a State issue. A single form in Ohio, and pretty straight forward. I sent that in then called my attorney, he told me "we need to get you signed up as an LLC" I told him I already sent the paper in, and he said there was nothing else to do...

Edit: definately talk to your insurance agent...

From what I hear Maryland and Delaware are the best states to become incorporated in.....so you might be doing yourselve a great service.....talk to your accountant, then your attorney

Beside talking to your attorney find out about the tax implications of corporations. There are different kinds of corporations all have different tax structures. Another option might be a LLC. Both are better than standard sole prop. Good luck.

I became a LLC Jan 1st after 4 years in biz... The fees total was near $700My accountant told me it was time, my profits increased to a level that it no longer made sense to remain sole propritor. The reality was buying my wife (new Vice President) a new car. Insurance, fuel, mileage - covered by the tree biz. Health insurance too.
Makes me remember the days as an employee - $18 per hr to climb trees, then go to bank on friday, bar saturday, hungover sunday, back to work monday.
Gotta go, the office phone is ringing, must be the lady with the stump I havent got to yet. Wait, she'll call back sunday a.m., monday a.m., etc.

Back