Indoor Close Clearance Pipe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update... I received my pipe a while ago now, more than three weeks but my stove isn't together yet. When I installed my thimble into the chimney I decided to raise it another 3 inches to avoid an existing seam in the liner. So this meant I needed more pipe. I decided an adjustable 12" piece between the two elbows would work perfect as it would give me some more offset and height.

The reason for the delay is Duravent is sending me the piece I need. When I was trying to estimate the stack up height and offset in my drawing above I called Duravent a few times for more information and the guy I spoke with ended up telling me if I needed one piece to get it to fit right then they would provide it for free. So once I knew I would need the adjustable piece I took him up on his offer. I'm not complaining because beggers can't be choosers but it took a little more than 2 weeks for them to get it in their system to send it. I would give Duravent 4 out of 5 star review. The Engineer I spoke with was really helpful but the customer service rep seemed a little put off when I was asking her questions.

Update... I received my pipe a while ago now, more than three weeks but my stove isn't together yet. When I installed my thimble into the chimney I decided to raise it another 3 inches to avoid an existing seam in the liner. So this meant I needed more pipe. I decided an adjustable 12" piece between the two elbows would work perfect as it would give me some more offset and height.

The reason for the delay is Duravent is sending me the piece I need. When I was trying to estimate the stack up height and offset in my drawing above I called Duravent a few times for more information and the guy I spoke with ended up telling me if I needed one piece to get it to fit right then they would provide it for free. So once I knew I would need the adjustable piece I took him up on his offer. I'm not complaining because beggers can't be choosers but it took a little more than 2 weeks for them to get it in their system to send it. I would give Duravent 4 out of 5 star review. The Engineer I spoke with was really helpful but the customer service rep seemed a little put off when I was asking her questions.

So let me get this straight. They offer you a free piece of pipe and you give them 4 out of 5 stars because the customer service rep was not quite as accommodating as you would have liked? What is wrong with you?

So let me get this straight. They offer you a free piece of pipe and you give them 4 out of 5 stars because the customer service rep was not quite as accommodating as you would have liked? What is wrong with you?
Wrong, I give them 4 out of 5 stars because it took 3 weeks for them to process and ship the piece after providing all the necessary information to send it. In addition to that it didn't help that the customer service rep lady seemed standoffish. I could go 4.5 stars.

The real lesson is, any time you are building a system from this stuff make sure you include one piece of adjustable. There's just no easy way to get the dimensions close enough to use 100% nonadjustable pieces.

The real lesson is, any time you are building a system from this stuff make sure you include one piece of adjustable. There's just no easy way to get the dimensions close enough to use 100% nonadjustable pieces.

I agree. Not a big problem cutting and fitting single wall pipe, but double or triple wall pipe is not forgiving of even small errors. Better to just order an adjustable pipe, pay a little more and get on with the project.

I would have bought one if i had known it would take this long, honestly. It will be here around Wednesday.

I'm not trying to be a smart azz. I had pretty much the same experience. I also live in an area where nobody sells those adjustable pieces, so you are stuck waiting if you don't get all the right pieces. Good luck with the project. Hope you get done soon and enjoy the heat:blob2:.

Back