Ingrateful scum (rant)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AOD

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Slightly off topic here, but I had a negative encounter with a very foul, whiny and annoying homeowner that really got me going. In the winter I work with a snow plow guy, he owns the truck and does most of the plowing, I shovel walks, spread salt and help with maintenance/repairs on the truck, and we have about 20 some snow customers.

One of them is a shared driveway between two houses in town, maybe 70 ft long and barely a blade's width wide. One homeowner is paying me full price for snow removal, the other is paying nothing. Obviously its hard to plow half of a driveway that narrow, so we end up doing the whole thing. A few days ago after a very heavy storm, the homeowner of the house that isn't paying comes up to me all pissed as hell that we rolled up a little piece of his brand new $1500 sod he just had put in and how angry he is about it. I looked at the sodd frozen in the snow bank, told him it would be fine and that in the spring I would come and repair it and add new sod if I had to, that repairing turf damage was part of snow removal, but that was not good enough for him, he insisted that I didn't need to do the driveway because he can shovel just fine, he just pushes his snow in front of the car owned by the lady who is paying me to get rid of the snow and shovels barely wide enough for a sub compact to get through, does not push piles back during heavy snowfall so he always runs out of room to put additional snow. I tried to explain that to him and that I had been moving his snow for free all season and that I am being paid to remove the snow for the other lady, but he insisted that I was wrong and he didn't want me there anymore, I said as long as I am being paid I have to remove the snow that I am being paid for and some of his snow along the way. I really wanted to go off on him and spike his scrawny 120 lb ass into a snow pile, but I kept my composure.

So I got a bit of what Avalancher went through, although not as bad, yet.....

One way to handle this guy politely..

Go rent a snow blower.. Every time you clear the paying customers drive.. Simply blow it all onto the jerks side.. But since the wind might blow it back.. I would suggest taking the paying customers garden hose and give it a good soaking.. You know, to be sure it doesn't drift back, LOL

I just couldn't believe what an ass he was about his sod! I told him over and over again that I would fix it. I do landscaping in the summer and he knows that, but he insisted to be a jerk. Anyone who does any kind of snow removal knows a little turf damage is inevitable and you just have to go back in the spring and fix it, apparently this concept is lost to him.

This same guy yelled at me last year for using a snowblower to clear walks after we had about 10" of snow overnight, he complained about the pollution I was making.

Last edited:
Go rent a snow blower.. Every time you clear the paying customers drive.. Simply blow it all onto the jerks side.. But since the wind might blow it back.. I would suggest taking the paying customers garden hose and give it a good soaking.. You know, to be sure it doesn't drift back, LOL

Yes. What a piece of ... Anyways, it is the season to be jolly, let it go, and if he keeps it up, there are many other ways to fix his wagon as well as Erics excellent suggestion.

Keep doing your job for the other homeowner, storm in there with authority and don't even give the donkey a second look......that'll piss him off more than anything and when he makes a bad move towards you or your friends equipment...call the authorities promptly. If you touched him, he would own you and your friend's business in a heartbeat. Good luck.

Last edited:
It sounds like the guy has some serious issues between the ears.

It might not be a bad idea to document the confrontation with the local PD to cover your backside. The idjit could claim ANY damage done was done by you, or worse.

For the life of me, I dunno how folks live in town, let alone share a driveway with an EDP.

I reckon ya just gotta laugh a bit and go on, but next time, keep the Pepper spray handy. He's getting bolder and more aggressive each time so far.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I would have shown him the same finger I always show the guy that owns that lot next to me. I'm proud of that finger and want him to see it and appreciate how my fingernails are trimmed so symmetrically.

Ian

:agree2:

I agree

It sounds like the guy has some serious issues between the ears.

It might not be a bad idea to document the confrontation with the local PD to cover your backside. The idjit could claim ANY damage done was done by you, or worse.

For the life of me, I dunno how folks live in town, let alone share a driveway with an EDP.

I reckon ya just gotta laugh a bit and go on, but next time, keep the Pepper spray handy. He's getting bolder and more aggressive each time so far.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

:agree2: :agree2: :agree2:

First DOCUMENT EVERYTHING !!!! CYA , then go to local PD and file a damage report. Take some digital photographs to back up your side of the story. After that don't even give the pinhad the time of day. Sounds like the kind of guy who gets bossed around by his wife like a little mouse. These types can't be a man at home so they need to try out their "ALPHA MALE" crap with others, screw him...ignore him totally, it will drive him insane. Good luck

Yup tough spot. But, it is his property, you were not spose to be there. All you can do is apologize and repair in spring. He prolly has it in for ya now, may be a loonnngggg winter for you whenever you do that gal's drive. Good-luck.

Yup tough spot. But, it is his property, you were not spose to be there. All you can do is apologize and repair in spring. He prolly has it in for ya now, may be a loonnngggg winter for you whenever you do that gal's drive. Good-luck.

Technically I think the property line goes down the center of the driveway, meaning that both properties have right to ingress, in other words each party must trespass across the property line by driving a vehicle down the drive, which also applies to snow removal. I do not think he would have a legal right to make me leave if I am under contract to clear part of the drive.

I would consider not doing this drive any longer. I would give the paying customer an explanation why. I have a feeling the paying customer would understand why you aren't going to do the drive on longer. The paying customer probably knows what kind of person the neighbor is and would understand. They may not like it but they would understand. if you are having problems with the guy so is your paying customer.

There are plenty of good people who appreciate good work and will pay for it. I don't think it would take you too long to find a couple new, good ones. To me I would rather go find a couple of new accounts than to put up with the stuff the bad neighbor is dishing out. You will feel better not having to put up with the bad neighbor.

Trek nailed this one. I'm sure your customer has had run-ins with this prick and would understand your situation. Move on, then when the spring rolls around go fix his high dollar sod job with some Pramitol.

Latest posts

Back