injecting the slippery elm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zac

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
quick question. Injecting an Ulmus rubrum I know you are to use half the dose. My co-workers and I are arguing, how much water to inject. they tell me that the amount of water should be cut in half as well. I mean that defeats the purpose of cutting the arbotec in half, you still need all the water to trasfer the chemical all the way through the tree, right?

quick question. Injecting an Ulmus rubrum I know you are to use half the dose. My co-workers and I are arguing, how much water to inject. they tell me that the amount of water should be cut in half as well. I mean that defeats the purpose of cutting the arbotec in half, you still need all the water to trasfer the chemical all the way through the tree, right?

The label on Arbotect says to use 1 gal of water for every 2 oz of Arbotect so for Ulmus rubra you would be using half the water for half the dose.

No matter

The label is the law. Good rule to live by.
But...
As with regular pesticides, if you have more of a carrier (water) with the same amount, of AI, applied to the same target area it makes no difference.
To clarify
If roundup is to be applied at the rate of 2 oz per 100 gals of water (just a number) and that will cover 1 acre; then; 2 oz in 500 gals of water would do the same ( 1 acre) AS LONG AS IT IS APPLIED TO THE SAME AMOUNT OF AREA.
I am not positive about injections, but the knowledge stated above is from a Doctor Of Weed Science at Penn State, so it is factual.

The strength of Arbotect matters

Still use the 2 oz to 1 gallon of water. Thus you would want to use 1/2 the water with 1/2 the chemical. Diluting Arbotect too much has shown in research to not be as effective as the recommended strength. Plus the xylem in red elms is thinner and tougher to get material into.

Thank you, I felt the lable was unclear, but I am notorious for misinterpetting things.

Latest posts

Back