Insert Not sealing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EzTrbo

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Have a Enerzone 2.3 Insert and been trouble free now for 6 years. I have replaced the gasket and it seems like it is sealing on the hinge side but not on the latch side. Pretty sure the gaskets are the same and without running a straight edge on it I think its not warped. Possible to use a thicker gasket for the latch side? Once it cools down I'll check the door for warping but thought I'd ask here see if anything I could be missing. Latch does not adjust in anymore either, although I could fabricated a new one.

Thanks

Most latches can be adjusted to make it close tighter. Why not use a straight edge to see if the box or door is warped? It is simple to do..

Don't realize what soot and black will cover up...there were too shim washers on the back side of the latch....however taking the nut off...broke the stud off. With removing both washers I'm able to get enough of a new nut on to hold in place, will just order a new handle but its sealing up just fine now and working ALOT more efficient.

Back