Inside the MS462C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the port timing, stock with gasket.

Exhaust - 98
Transfers - 117/120
Intake - 81

MS462C%20Port%20Timing-L.jpg

MS462%20Degree%20Wheel-L.jpg

This shot gives you a good idea of how compact this saw is. MS462C vs 395XP
MS462%20vs%20395XP-L.jpg

Yeah........I have NO need of one but the way the 261cm Brad did for me runs......
Yeah I'm a fan of the 261 and the 362. Rob I remember you showing me a nice revolver at that gtg, wasn't all that familiar with them at the time, that has changed.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm a fan of the 261 and the 362. Rob I remember you showing me a nice revolver at that gtg, wasn't all that familiar with them at the time, that has changed.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
If you google Stihl 066 60 inch bar you find Brads dad at the previous gtg and its in his pocket while he is running my 066. Lol

475 Linebaugh.......we'll shot next time I'm that way.

If you google Stihl 066 60 inch bar you find Brads dad at the previous gtg and its in his pocket while he is running my 066. Lol

475 Linebaugh.......we'll shot next time I'm that way.

Never noticed that then or in pics afterwords. But do remember that day.

230172359_fhg9g-L.jpg

Here's the port timing, stock with gasket.

Exhaust - 98
Transfers - 117/120
Intake - 81

MS462C%20Port%20Timing-L.jpg

I'm a little skeptical of the 207deg strato duration, although it's possible I guess. It's hard to measure that as the port isn't open until the entire path from strato intake, across the piston and into the transfers is open. Often the piston cavity is stepped so the opening from the piston to the transfers may not happen at the same angle as the opening from the piston to the strato port.

I'm a little skeptical of the 207deg strato duration, although it's possible I guess. It's hard to measure that as the port isn't open until the entire path from strato intake, across the piston and into the transfers is open. Often the piston cavity is stepped so the opening from the piston to the transfers may not happen at the same angle as the opening from the piston to the strato port.
I have never altered strato timing.

I have never altered strato timing.
I have, on a couple of GZ400/4000's and Poulan, and it has worked well. You just have to be careful about finding the part that is really determining the opening angle - having removable transfer covers certainly helps to see what is happening. On the GZ400/4000 moving this edge is what changes the strato timing:

IMG_0641-1024.jpg

Still, I was not really commenting on modding it here, rather about the stock spec shown. 207deg duration is well outside of anything I've seen on a saw engine so far. When you gut the strato your intake timing is whichever is the longer, so in this case you'd have a 207deg intake duration.

Thank Brad and your over seas brother for bringing this information to us.

I love my ms441cm, but if your sawing more power less weight, I might just upgrade... because merica

Thanks

Jason

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back