Inside the "Triple Nickel"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again I agree with Jeramey and Randy 100% when it comes to pop-up pistons. However we are talking about pop ups in the .020" to .040" range not .200" or more. This is in line with some of the saws made 40/50 years ago.

Let's move on to the original point of this thread, we can see who pees the farthest in person. I know I'll loose, because I can't push that hard without hurting myself:rock::givebeer:

I'd be stoked if they showed up today. I'm super anxious to see how it responds.

Here's a question for ya. If this saw works off base compression and transfer velocity, then how will opening up the transfer ducts make it stronger? Just some fuel for discussion:popcorn: I expect them to make a significant difference as well.

Here's a question for ya. If this saw works off base compression and transfer velocity, then how will opening up the transfer ducts make it stronger? Just some fuel for discussion:popcorn: I expect them to make a significant difference as well.
Probably more volume without reducing velocity much.

This cylinder was likely designed for the 562xp and larger transfers.
Then they just slap on some smaller transfer covers to reduce power output for the 555...

Same thing as the 365XT, and the 51.4mm XPW jug. They restricted transfer flow to detune the saw.

Here's a question for ya. If this saw works off base compression and transfer velocity, then how will opening up the transfer ducts make it stronger? Just some fuel for discussion:popcorn:

They look to have a better shape...more hook. I personally think that transfer shape has lots to do with performance.

Anytime a fluid is flowing through a vessel and you add volume (think cross sectional area) to the vessel, you decrease pressure. Velocity follows suit. You then need to increase the pressure to increase velocity. This tells me 2 things...the upper transfers time area will have a bigger impact on velocity with the larger covers. This may be why the 562 crank is stuffed.

This cylinder was likely designed for the 562xp and larger transfers.
Then they just slap on some smaller transfer covers to reduce power output for the 555...

Man, I despise it when marketing takes a finely engineered product and cripples it to create a niche. Yeah, ya got more money, but you've sold your soul, and right in front of all of us. Be ashamed. You hear me, Porsche?

If we're going that far, we might as well get ones anodized in some fancy color...

I prefer Rust-Oleum...

Rusty-Rust-Oleum.jpg

Fact is if you popped out a bunch ,people would buy them if they worked or not ,just because they are shiny .

And........that was before I really had the 346 figured out. That day all I gave a damn about was winning the 066 build off. :D

Latest posts

Back