installed the shenendoah sat night with pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husky455rancher

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
got the stove installed 1 90 and 3 two foot sections to another 90 then a 2 foot section cut down to 18". approx 6" of pipe is inside the chimney. the chimney is about a 18 inches deep maybe a bit more. installed a damper in the end of the first section of 2ft pipe.

i used 1/2 inch cement bord over the pipe top keep the heat off the ceiling. used the whole bord even though i dont think iu needed to. the only spot that was even close to the ceiling was where the pipe went into the chimney.

i ran it last night for a bit to bake the stink off the pipes and i got it going now. maybe it will take teh place if the insert im not sure yet. i figure ill take the cellar door off so the heat can come up. also maybe pull the insulation off the ceiling down there. im just trying to get a feel for the draft damper adjustments to get a good burn time and good heat from it.

do you guys typicly ever totally close your damper or draft? im just looking for a good starting point as i hate to waste wood.

Latest posts

Back