Interested In Working In The Logging Industry

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HRFC

Reaction score
Hello, I am after advice and information on working within the logging industry in Canada. After completing my studies in the UK in 2010 Im now determined to go overseas to gain experience working in a field I have been interested in for years. Currently applying for my working visa!

What are the possibilities for a Brit like myself seeking a job within the industry?
Despite having a good base knowledge on logging, I only have limited practical experience. The closest skill that could transfer into logging that I possess would come from my skills learned through mountaineering; advanced navigation and ropework and even hauling heavy equipment and machinery has become a skill well learned.
Apart from that I have gained lots of work experience that I could specify if that would help?
Any info you guys could give me would be great, flying to Alberta end of October time so planning is in full swing!
Thank you

Years ago I went to Canada from New Zealand looking for work as a Logger.I had a few years experiance at the time.What I did was go to the Library in Vancouver and wrote down the phone numbers of all the Logging Contractors in each town from Vancouver north.When I got into town I called them up,it was early in the season but to cut a long story short I got a job on the Charlotte Islands by chatting to a waitress in a Coffee shop.The next day I was on the Dock,got picked up and out to the Bush.

Unless you have experiance and or qualifications its a long shot to expect a Contractor to get excited about someone who the have not and cannot meet.Get over there,get on the phone and get some miles under your belt.

Good luck with it,if I did it then anyone can.

Back