Interesting Day....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DK_stihl

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I had a fun day today. Right now my company is trimming street trees for the city of Rochester. One of the guys I work with wanted me to pull the chip truck and chipper in between a parked car on the left side of the street and the bucket truck which was on the right side of the street. I tried, but the space was too narrow to fit the truck in. I got out and explained this, so this guy hops in the truck and backs up then turns the truck around and drives around the block to get on the other side of the two vehicles. He pulls in, jumps the curb and promptly levels a street sign. I thought "wow what an idiot", but there was still work to do so I fire up the chipper and fire two ash branches through it. All of a sudden I realize that the chips were headed away from the truck and directly towards a parked car behind the truck. Then I realized what happened: The guy I work with had spun the chute around backwards so that he could turn tight when backing up. I was so preoccupied with him hitting the sign I didn't even notice the cute was backwards! The car was fine after I blew the chips off it.....

Watch out for that truck driver!

That's some crazy ****, DK. Glad to hear you didn't have the chipper shoot aimed ate yer face. :dizzy: Work safe.

I forgot to turn the chute once and took a shot square in the face. That was the only time I've been glad my Morbark 2070 is underpowered. It hurt so bad I was sure my face would be a bloody mess so I ran for the truck mirror. No real damage. I was just as ugly as ever.
Phil

My buddy seams to hate mailboxes. His rig, my job, I have to pay for the mailbox. If he doesn't hit it he knocks the dust off of it.:buttkick:

My buddy seams to hate mailboxes. His rig, my job, I have to pay for the mailbox. If he doesn't hit it he knocks the dust off of it.:buttkick:

I've got a funny mailbox story from when I was plowing streets for a town. Somebody buy me a beer someday and I'll bust it out!

:greenchainsaw:

Back