Intra model parts swap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerrycmorrow

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
have a craftsman 3700 in which the coil is weak. Been seeing coils online for anywhere from 25 - 60 dollars.
Was stealing parts from a parts poulan 3416 and noticed a striking similarity between the two coils. I said to myself, “hmmm, wonder if that would work on the 3700?”
Bottom line is that with some elongation of the mounting holes and shortening and shaping of the “outside” arm of the core it provides spark enough to ignite fuel. This saw is incomplete so havent run it, just dribbled fuel into the carb and voila! Fire
Anyone else got parts tips?

Backyard engineering, I love it. Just fixed one of big milling saws, lets just say parts for it are NLA and have been for quite some time. It was losing spark when it got real warm and no luck on finding another module for it but there is another saw that uses a module almost like it, never in a light year would I have found it if it wasnt for me working on so many makes of saws over the years. A touch of modification and the big saw is back in business.

Backyard engineering, I love it. Just fixed one of big milling saws, lets just say parts for it are NLA and have been for quite some time. It was losing spark when it got real warm and no luck on finding another module for it but there is another saw that uses a module almost like it, never in a light year would I have found it if it wasnt for me working on so many makes of saws over the years. A touch of modification and the big saw is back in business.
What kind and what kind?

I keep the details to myself now, used to share this stuff freely but experiences have changed me. Thought this was a great thread but it looks like others have shared the same experiences. I only posted on here to give your thread a boost, works most times but I may have to start a fight to get any attention.

Latest posts

Back