Introduced my little guy to the woods!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well its back to school time for my daughter and there's a definate feeling in the air in my area this week. Day temps in the low to mid 70's and night time temps in the 50's. That means its coming into my favorite time of year...Fall!

My 3 yr old son has been back to my Dad's woods with me a few times but today was different. With my daughter in the first grade I had all day to spend with the little guy back in my new woods. Showed him the difference between some of the leaves and some of the nuts, we had a little picnic lunch, and we even jumped a deer to his delight. The bugs weren't even bad. Just a great day that I thought I'd share.

Heres a few pics. Do you dig his "riding shades"? He sure did!:
attachment.php

He's trying to find where we parked the quad!:laugh::
attachment.php

Looks like he's well on the way to being a great helper.

Congrats on the fine looking son and a good day together.

at that age they think you are awesome, know everything and are the strongest dad. i try not to let them down to much.:)

keeps me on the right track and reminds me how important it is to spend time with your kids to raise them right!

That's Great!! I remember the times my dad took me with him in the woods. I was about 5 or 6 yrs old when we took me hunting for the first time. I got to carry a stick but treated it like it was a gun. Had to watch where I'd point that stick. Later I got a 22 but no shells. Dad took out the lead and made blanks. His brother was killed hunting when he was 12 yrs old so dad taught us all about the woods long before we got to carry a gun.

Now my son is teaching his kids the same way... I kind'a laugh when the grandkids get all excited with a little camp fire and hot dogs for lunch.

Those will be some good times that your son will never forget.. Way to Go Dad!!

Reminds me of spending time with my little guy in the woods. He went off to collage last week. Enjoy them while you can, they grow up way too fast...

Excellent work! Young kids just seem to love outdoors. Get him hooked while there young.

My boy is almost 4 and just loves to throw the small firewood splits in the wagon or help grandpa drag brush if he can move it. Its a great way to spend time together and get things done.

Looks like you had a fun day.. I'm going to try and get my little out there as soon as the wife lets me.! so probably at least 14-15,,

Looking for the appropriate flannel for the stick picker my self. He is 19 mos old and already daddy's little shadow. Not when we have the blades out, but we will spend as much time in the woods as possible.

Back