iPhone users.!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bro

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I found a digital tach app, that actually works. It's called "Engine RPM" offered by: Realtime Specialties Utilities... Found in the App Store. It's $8.99

It takes some tinkering, but it works well once you read/learn the program..

Thought I'd share this with the "High Tech Rednecks" among us.

BRO's iPhone

I know.. It's difficult to understand how it operates, but once you do it works great.!! I almost gave up on it too..

BRO's iPhone

I'm very interested. I wonder if there is an issue with the noise cancellation if you have the phone to far away.

I found a digital tach app, that actually works. It's called "Engine RPM" offered by: Realtime Specialties Utilities... Found in the App Store. It's $8.99

It takes some tinkering, but it works well once you read/learn the program..

Thought I'd share this with the "High Tech Rednecks" among us.

BRO's iPhone

I found it and am going to try to get it working.

I'm very interested. I wonder if there is an issue with the noise cancellation if you have the phone to far away.

I hold mine close to the muffler and set it 6 inches away on the ground with the same result.

The key is in the settings. You have set the rpm range close to what the saw is actually running. Which can be changed by % in the settings, but is not as accurate.

I set the harmonics between 1-16 and turn the hint off. Then dial the rpm setting to where you thing the saw is gonna run, give or take the % setting that you predetermined in your settings. You then watch for the harmonics to line up with the red lines on the graph at the bottom, then check the number for your rpm reading.

If you're willing to learn it, you'll like it :)

BRO's iPhone

I hold mine close to the muffler and set it 6 inches away on the ground with the same result.

The key is in the settings. You have set the rpm range close to what the saw is actually running. Which can be changed by % in the settings, but is not as accurate.

I set the harmonics between 1-16 and turn the hint off. Then dial the rpm setting to where you thing the saw is gonna run, give or take the % setting that you predetermined in your settings. You then watch for the harmonics to line up with the red lines on the graph at the bottom, then check the number for your rpm reading.

If you're willing to learn it, you'll like it :)

BRO's iPhone

I know this looks like a bunch of jibberish, but a lot of the terms I used in my explanation won't make sense until you have the program in front of you.. Once you do, I think it will help you get it set up..

BRO's iPhone

im still trying to buy it and having trouble with passwords!:bang::bang::bang:

You mean you didn't make a password with 2 numbers, 3 non letter non numbers, that didn't start in a capital, end in a number, have a non number somewhere in the 4th or 6th position, that was a palindrome, rhymed with apple, and was never an entry in a dictionary?

With all these whacky requirements I always forget whatever password I make up on the spot.

If this works this is SWEET. If you have to guess more than +/- a couple thousand that defeats the purpose of this whole thing though.

You mean you didn't make a password with 2 numbers, 3 non letter non numbers, that didn't start in a capital, end in a number, have a non number somewhere in the 4th or 6th position, that was a palindrome, rhymed with apple, and was never an entry in a dictionary?

With all these whacky requirements I always forget whatever password I make up on the spot.

If this works this is SWEET. If you have to guess more than +/- a couple thousand that defeats the purpose of this whole thing though.

did not do a damn thing :msp_scared:

You can set it to read in any range, to get it close, then narrow the range to fine tune.

BRO's iPhone

Back