Is .325 .050 chain odd-ball?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found some today at a Stihl dealer. It is odd looking chain with the small 325 chain and cutters that look like they belong on a 3/8 RS. Stated by Butch(OH)
Butch I just had a Stihl .325 .50 18" chain pro machine sharpened for 5 bucks. I swear it looks like full chisel cutters. Non-safety chain for sure. The reason I am dropping you this post is because after one test cut in soft willow wood. The carb on the saw is messing with me again and I am done putting money into this saw, Homelite Super 240 it run 30 secs at a time and acts like it is starving for fuel and dies. So I am making it a parts saw now. I have no other saw that takes this chain and thought if you need a extra chain like this one just PM me. Chain is like new and cuts better then new with Bobs sharpening job on it.

Last edited:
I like the .325X.050 myself you can get it from many Stihl dealers. Oregon and Baileys and Carlton also have .325X.050. Nothing wrong with the .063 either, I can't tell any difference in how they cut on my 025 which is the only thing I have that ruins the .325

gb bar question

i just recieved a GB bar 18" 325 .050 for my 346xp. Im pretty sure i ordered the bar in .058 to match what is stock. will my old .058 chain work with this bar at all? thanks

i just recieved a GB bar 18" 325 .050 for my 346xp. Im pretty sure i ordered the bar in .058 to match what is stock. will my old .058 chain work with this bar at all? thanks

Nope, the chain drivers are too fat to fit in the bar groove, go switch that bar into 0.058 or just buy 0.050 chain...

325 .50

that is a very common. not much use in the pnw. cheaper saws run it, craftsman, poulan andsome rebadged husky saws run the 325 .50 chain. taint as good as 365 or 375 .50 or .63 for really heavy work. it is good chain for homeowners and occasional user types:D

that is a very common. not much use in the pnw. cheaper saws run it, craftsman, poulan andsome rebadged husky saws run the 325 .50 chain. taint as good as 365 or 375 .50 or .63 for really heavy work. it is good chain for homeowners and occasional user types:D

.323 0.050 is most common chain over here all saws come with it, but since we use short bars (13"-15") it doesnt matter if chain is 0.050 or 0.053 or something else...

Back