is a 2000lb winch good for anything?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You really can't expect too much from a $50 dollar 2000lb winch, but I've been very pleased with mine. I found the key is matching the winch capability to machine size. That way I'd drag the tractor across the ground before exceeding the winch limits. I have mine mounted on the rear of my garden tractor and I use it to lift my homemade 3pt hitch. I've got all sorts of attachments for it, 36' box blade, yard rake, middle buster, and a log grapple.

The winch setup works exceptionally well for skidding logs up to the trail. When I remove the pulleys from the 3pt frame it drops into the dirt making for a great ground anchor. Attach the tongs to the log and drag em to the trail. Once up there I reattach the pulleys & grapple to the top link & off I go. My mini tractor skidder.

IMG01130-20111107-16482.JPG

Box%20Blade%202.JPG

Hitch%20Up.JPG

You really can't expect too much from a $50 dollar 2000lb winch, but I've been very pleased with mine. I found the key is matching the winch capability to machine size. That way I'd drag the tractor across the ground before exceeding the winch limits. I have mine mounted on the rear of my garden tractor and I use it to lift my homemade 3pt hitch. I've got all sorts of attachments for it, 36' box blade, yard rake, middle buster, and a log grapple.

The winch setup works exceptionally well for skidding logs up to the trail. When I remove the pulleys from the 3pt frame it drops into the dirt making for a great ground anchor. Attach the tongs to the log and drag em to the trail. Once up there I reattach the pulleys & grapple to the top link & off I go. My mini tractor skidder.

That is SWEET! You made that? I would pay for one of those!! I got the ole craftsman garden tractor and I just bolted my winch to the bumper hitch but that set up you got there is outstanding!
if you got a reject or prototype layin around shoot me a pm!
Sorry, off topic:msp_sneaky:[/

Back