is it safe to wear

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of chips, sap, oils, bugs and vegitation exposure that long pants provide a better barrior against than shorts.

id say at least pants if i had money to buy chaps i would... but pants are a must. along with a good pair of boots

I wear full length pants under the chaps.

Having family in Calhoon GA, I would be wearing some nice tall thick boots to boot. Love them tiggers' (sp) and serpents (moccasin's ruing my fishing adventure jumping out of trees, :jawdrop:scare me & the fish) ya'll be working near. Can't forget them fire-ants, or them vampire skeeters (lurking under the shade of trees, lost 1/4 pint looking for worms under leaves in the woods).

LOL good luck and be safe.

Last edited:
lol ok ill be sweating like mad but its better than not being safe. Ill be drinking lots of water and gatorade! and using a/c a lot in car

One big plus for wearing jeans is not getting chafed by the straps. Not to mention the added benefit of not looking kind of silly.

When it's hot, I prefer not wearing anything under my chaps. Not even underwear. It keeps the neighbors from coming over and if your a mile back in the bush bucking up logs on the ground, no one will stop and question anything.:smoking:

Last edited:
When it's hot, I prefer not wearing anything under my chaps. Not even underwear. It keeps the neighbors from coming over and if your a mile back in the bush bucking up logs on the ground, no one will stop and question anything.:smoking:

:laugh: I was going to suggest going commando too.

Works for the boy's in chaps at Mardi Gras too :monkey:

rep for ye!

:cheers:

I don't wear jeans in summer while I work. I do wear long pants. Just thin ones. I go to the goodwill stone and buy docker type pants for like $2 each. They are thinner and dry out and wick sweat better than jeans. WDO

I sometimes wear chaps with long shorts (shorts that go below the knee) when I'm milling or maybe light pruning in the garden, but otherwise always long pants when using a CS. I usually stop milling if it gets over 90F anyway.

One thing for sure is, when I wear shorts I wear gators.

Shorts are for boys. Men wear pants.
:)

I'm a line manager of ~65 people in my day job and I wear shorts to work from about mid september until may. Nobody has ever said anything to me about it. Could be because my of the odd CS that appears on my office floor (I've always wanted to start one up in my office!) or the 60" CS bars that are sometimes propped up against the wall.

Earlier this year I accidently stood of a nest of bullants while falling a small tree. I was concentrating on what I was doing but before I knew it they had swarmed up inside my pants and a couple managed to attached themselves to my privates. On the first bite everything below the waist came off!!! These ants are mean sonsofbeetches about an inch long and a bite that stings pretty like a hot needle that leaves a vicious itching welt for about a week I've seen them overun a chainsaw and the operator having to drop the saw and move away.

Is it ok if I wear black pants? Or do they have to be a certain color? What about a belt?

Thoughts please!? :dizzy:

Black pants are OK with orange chaps, but kaki of course goes MUCH better with the forest green chaps. As for the belt, as in all situations, it should match your shoes/boots.

Hope that clears things up...

Back