Is that a brand new MS460 I see...??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the new MS460. One of my favorites. They sound so good with the Dual Port muffler. Sure hope Stihl don't "drop the ball" on the 461 that's coming.

HD Filter and Dual Port Muffla

Where did you get the HD filter and Dual Port muffler? I'd like to put these on my MS660

Your MS660 should have the HD Filter already installed.

The dual-port cover you might have to buy on e-bay now or from a sponsor like Bailey's, since Stihl discontinued them.

Yeah that was a little better than my answer, lol.

EDIT:

As far as filter... I think maybe he was talking about the HD2 filter...? My 460 didnt come with the HD2 but the rereleased 440's and new 441's come with the HD2. I'm thinking Stihl wants to get rid of their stock of HD's before the HD2's become standard......

Last edited:
Nice saw chucker...... those pics are making me get the new saw itch. I have always wanted an Artic version aswell. My local dealer has a new 660 3/4 wrap big dogs big cover hmmmm maybe i should sell my 660.

Your MS660 should have the HD Filter already installed.

The dual-port cover you might have to buy on e-bay now or from a sponsor like Bailey's, since Stihl discontinued them.

You have to look up either the "fire safe" muffler or "Aus/ NZ" muffler to get the right parts, but they are still available here.

I like my roller catcher. When I throw the 32" chain it always does it's part to stop it from damaging anything, including me. :msp_thumbup: The regular catchers seem to work too, but they are usually trashed after one throw.

Chucker: thats a very good looking saw man. I like the big clutch cover too. only way to go.

I like my roller catcher. When I throw the 32" chain it always does it's part to stop it from damaging anything, including me. :msp_thumbup: The regular catchers seem to work too, but they are usually trashed after one throw.

Chucker: thats a very good looking saw man. I like the big clutch cover too. only way to go.

i think you need a 460 to go with your xpw.:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back