Is there something wrong with the calculator at Husqvarna?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boskaerm

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
The Husqvarna 435 and 440 seems to have the same displecament: 40.9 cc , that´s at least what Husqvarna says!

BUT, when you compare them on Husqvarna´s own webside: Compare Husqvarna Chainsaws for Landowners

The bore is NOT the same 41mm (435) and 42mm (440), which means the 435 IS 40,9 cc and the 440 is actually 42,9 cc

WTF :confuse:

That has confused me for a while - and I have no idea what the true answer is.....:msp_unsure:

I haven´t seen those specs before, only that the displacement was 40,9 cc!
And whether it´s the same P/C on the 435/440 or not, has been depated alot here!

I haven´t seen those specs before, only that the displacement was 40,9 cc!
And whether it´s the same P/C on the 435/440 or not, has been depated alot here!

That has been debated on here a few times earlier - but I don't really care about those cheap saws anyway! :msp_biggrin:

Even the box my 435 came in said 35 or 36cc, but right on the saw it said 41cc????

My guess is, that at some point, they decided to just go ahead and only build one engine for them, instead of offering a 35 and 41cc model.

Since the box clearly stated the 435 used a smaller engine, they obviously intended to produce them at some point. To date I've never seen, or heard of a 435 with the smaller engine......Cliff

Since I have a 435, I was curious as well. I checked the husky part numbers for the cylinder, carb, crank, etc. They are identical part #'s for the 435 and 440. I would go out on a limb and say they are the same engine. My 435 says on the saw 40.9cc. The box it came in said 40.9cc. I got the saw from Baileys. The 435s at lowes have a smaller cc # on the boxes, but the saw itself says 40.9cc. Not sure why, but that is what they did. I'm also not sure why they list the bore as being different, when the cylinders for both saws share the same replacement part #.

Since I have a 435, I was curious as well. I checked the husky part numbers for the cylinder, carb, crank, etc. They are identical part #'s for the 435 and 440. I would go out on a limb and say they are the same engine. My 435 says on the saw 40.9cc. The box it came in said 40.9cc. I got the saw from Baileys. The 435s at lowes have a smaller cc # on the boxes, but the saw itself says 40.9cc. Not sure why, but that is what they did. I'm also not sure why they list the bore as being different, when the cylinders for both saws share the same replacement part #.

Yeah, but the given data makes the 435 40.9 cc. And the 440 42.9cc. Why?

Sooooooo..... You paid for a 35cc saw and instead you got one that was 41cc's..... Win?

Sooooooo..... You paid for a 35cc saw and instead you got one that was 41cc's..... Win?

I pretty much don't care about the cc's of the saw. To me, I invested in a 2.2 hp, 4.2 kg saw! It was just a funny thing I saw, by incident! Maybe someone know what the actual bore is on the 435 and the 440.

Even the box my 435 came in said 35 or 36cc, but right on the saw it said 41cc????

My guess is, that at some point, they decided to just go ahead and only build one engine for them, instead of offering a 35 and 41cc model.

Since the box clearly stated the 435 used a smaller engine, they obviously intended to produce them at some point. To date I've never seen, or heard of a 435 with the smaller engine......Cliff

That could well be what happened! :msp_smile:

The information on the website clearly isn't monitored very closely :bang: The new 365x-torq that is on dealers shelves isn't even listed the last time I checked. It's helped the sales of 570's with the keyboard warriors coming through the doors looking for saws they found online :rock:

***I use the term keyboard warrior very loosely with no mal-intent. I have nothing at all against someone gaining information for themselves, walking through the door, and purchasing a piece of equipment.

Latest posts

Back