is there something wrong

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do it also, kind of as a stress reliever. Hey, it's nice to know that SOMETHING is working the way it should!! My neighbors tend to drive me nuts, anyway. My next door neighbor put up a basketball backboard so that EVERY SINGLE TIME someone misses a shot, the ball come into my backyard and some kid (and very often an inebriated adult) scales my fence twice... like while I'm sitting there on my back porch. I can't help but think if I was doing that to my neighbor, there would very soon be a large pit bull in his backyard.

I actually feel like if I set off an atomic bomb in my backyard I wouldn't feel guilty about it.

I do it also, kind of as a stress reliever. Hey, it's nice to know that SOMETHING is working the way it should!! My neighbors tend to drive me nuts, anyway. My next door neighbor put up a basketball backboard so that EVERY SINGLE TIME someone misses a shot, the ball come into my backyard and some kid (and very often an inebriated adult) scales my fence twice... like while I'm sitting there on my back porch. I can't help but think if I was doing that to my neighbor, there would very soon be a large pit bull in his backyard.

I actually feel like if I set off an atomic bomb in my backyard I wouldn't feel guilty about it.

That would annoy the hell out of me also. A big dog like a chow or german shepard might stop that.

Having read the previous posts I now feel a tremendous sense of relief........phew....."It's not just me". I keep a saw locked up in the back of my truck, and frequently take one of the more rural routes home, looking for downed trees. I will stop and ask the property owners "do you need that tree cut up"?
I found a top cover for my 2100CD through my local dealer, the said they can bring it in with their other stuff so I don't have to pay shipping, but it will be about 3 weeks..........man it's gonna be a long 3 weeks.
My wife thinks I own 3 or 4 saws because that's what I have in our small shed (my big shed is full of her Christmas stuff), but she doesn't know I have a bunch more saws in my tool room at work.
I watch for sale ads on 1 gallon jugs of bar oil, 2 gallon fuel jugs, and two cycle oil.
Is any of this "normal"? Well, not to the unenlightened, but if any of them ever have a tree fall down in their yard I bet they ask that neighbor who's always out starting chainsaws for no apparent reason for help.

so the 1-41 spewed 2 cycle exhuast for a few minutes in the garage... and made me a happy camper!!!! :clap:

GOOD! Man I thought I was the only one that loved the smell of 2 cycle exhaust!?:dizzy:
I remember my KX-125, I would hold my hand over the end of the pipe for a few and smell the carb mixture, or that's what I claimed I was checking!:laugh:

That would annoy the hell out of me also. A big dog like a chow or german shepard might stop that.

I sure do feel like doing that, but I think it would be pretty awful to hurt someone. Now, if they boot my little Chihuahua (who actually belongs back there) they will not make it back over the fence!

The dog might not even do anything but it also still might keep them from jumping the fence every 5 min. I got a corgi that wouldnt hurt a fly and reminds me of a cat really how fast she will run away from things.

Latest posts

Back