Is this a 394xp or 2100 HUSQVARNA piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cscltd

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hey all
i need to replace this piston, but have no info other than told it’s a husky
I thought is might be a 2100 or similar family, but maybe a 394xp, I don’t think it’s 395xp
its 56mm dia 50.6 tall, any help from the experts would be great
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Thanks,
I guess that eliminates the 2100 family
if Any one got a 394 piston to compare that would be great

Is it out of a hot saw or something? How do you need a new piston without knowing what it goes in? Fyi, Meteor 395 pistons don't have ears.
That is what I was wondering also. With all due respect how do you not know what it fits if you are planning on replacing it. What are you replacing it in?

Doesn’t 395 piston have these extra piece is skirt at bridge part, pic of mine doesn’?
also this piston look shorter, I’m wondering if it’s even a husky part at this point?
View attachment 1003281
I’ve noticed that. Also seen them without the extended skirt. The 394 didn’t have them, and then when I saw the pins over the intake I assumed 395

The piston in the OP's picture looks like a 2101 to me. It seems a little tall for a 394/395 piston.

The 2101 had a windowed piston set up like that one with 1.5mm thick rings. They're a more desirable
piston for porting the 2100/2101 motors.
Wasn’t aware they were different. That would explain all of it

Is it out of a hot saw or something? How do you need a new piston without knowing what it goes in? Fyi, Meteor 395 pistons don't have ears.
Older Guy brought just piston, I think someone from the islands gave it to him to get a replacement, all he knew it was a Husqvarna (maybe?)
so just trying to get a replacement once I figure out (with forums help of coarse) which saw he has. I may have to tell him to get me a pic of saw, but I don’t think he has cell phone etc.

To my limited knowledge, the piston in questions looks to be the same as a 503 48 87-03 I have here (somewhere) which I believe was meant for a 2101XP.
Now I picked this piston up in a box of old saw shop parts a LONG time ago- could be a piston that fits a 2101 in an original pistons box with 2101 written in ink pen.
I will have to try and hunt it out and take some photos to compare- it is on a parts inventory I have- but finding just where it is hiding now might be fun- especially after tendon grafts, plaster casts and no lifts over 10kg for three months.......

Other possible options in the 56mm bore of Swedish origin are the Jonsered 2094/2095, Partner P100 (probably not) K950 (more possible) Jonsered 1020 (similar to P100?)

Could be if this guy or the saws owner was somewhat isolated from saw shops, the piston has been replaced once before previously with the one you have now and this could have been borrowed from a sister Electrolux variant that was found spare locally?

Quite possible Its from other Electrolux family. Usually it’s 95% Stihl, 4.5% HUSQVARNA, and .5% the others from the Caribbean
usually they get parts in USA or Canada as price is a lot cheaper and faster to get

Latest posts

Back