Is this tree healthy?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is this healthy?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It could be with some work...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DanMass

Reaction score
Hi Tree Experts!

I sincerely appreciate your help with this.

This tree sits on a neighbors property abutting my BEAUTIFUL sheds and about 25 feet from my living room.

My neighbor claims it is healthy and not a risk.

What are your expert thoughts? Is there anything particular you see indicating health or lack of health?

1)

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200710083940924_COVER.jpg

2)
IMG_20200710_084158.jpg
3)
IMG_20200710_083721.jpg

4)
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200710083857732_COVER.jpg

Health and risk are not directly correlated...

You could have an extremely healthy tree with very weak branching that will fall apart every time the wind blows. Or (much less frequently) you can have a big dead tree that will drop a couple small branches here and there but may stand for quite a long time...

Risk and Hazard are not the same.
A Hazard is the presence of or ability of something to cause harm
Its the combination of consequence and likelihood = Risk
Tree risk assessment should identify predictable faults /failures within trees that may pose a risk of harm to targets beside or below beyond your acceptable threshold.

In the case of your pictured tree i see many but mostly minor issues in regards to general maintenance which an arborist for few hours could tidy it up. I dont see much Risk within the pictures as its appears possible targets below and beside tree are low end occupancy to remote.

note one lower bough with top section wound decay that project somewhat over fence but can not tell or assume what is below this

Call the electrical utility. They may deem it a risk to their system and pay for it's removal. I can see secondaries but not sure if there are primaries there.

Around here, BC Hydro is willing to remove trees hazardous to their system, whether the tree is part of that trimming cycle or not.

Call the electrical utility. They may deem it a risk to their system and pay for it's removal. I can see secondaries but not sure if there are primaries there.

Around here, BC Hydro is willing to remove trees hazardous to their system, whether the tree is part of that trimming cycle or not.
Good idea, but around here, they tend to let them fall and damage lines first. Never could understand that.

Latest posts

Back