ISA certification, Looking for best study material suggestions!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truestory

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, I'm going for my ISA certified arborist certification and apart from the basic study manual, I was wondering if anybody had suggestions for opther benefical study material to pick up. Thanks.

*I would buy second hand if any available!

Study Guide, BMPs should be enough if you are comfortable with the material. ANSI standards wouldn't hurt. If there are areas you are less comfortable in look for specific resources for those. Rather than listing everything for each domain...are there specific concerns you want to spend more time studying?

Hi, I'm going for my ISA certified arborist certification and apart from the basic study manual, I was wondering if anybody had suggestions for opther benefical study material to pick up. Thanks.

*I would buy second hand if any available!
Check out ebay...They have the Arborists' Certification Study guide (3rd edition) listed for $100....and so far NO BIDS *grin*...Also check out Amazon...They have everything you might want including the tapes and the flashcards, but you're probably going to pay full price...Good luck Truestory!!:cheers:

Yeah, I just used the study guide and I passed on my second try,,,
But, I took years ago and I hear the test now is made to make more cert arb's,,,whatever,,
When I took my treeworker cert in 1991,,I never heard of a prussik,,
I remember the day's when if you could not preform a 40' foot-lock ascend, you probably would not get hired.
Jeff

I just used the study guide and the cd's. I took a lot of time to learn Latin names, but did not need it.

Not wasted time to learn those Latin names though! I am not one who uses them every time I talk about trees, but it is good to know what somebody else is talking about when they do.

Not wasted time to learn those Latin names though! I am not one who uses them every time I talk about trees, but it is good to know what somebody else is talking about when they do.
Oh yeah I agree with you. I'm very glad Ive learned them. I just meant you will not need them for the test.

you will need to study the ansi standards as well.

I've been studying for the certified arborist test too. I found this sample quiz online. It has questions from the study guide workbook sections. 39 questions and some are different every time. It tells you at the end what you got wrong and what the correct answer is.

https://www.quia.com/quiz/4474011.html

Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Tapatalk

Look in Arborist News magazine old issues and practice those tests. Here are 2: pm me for the answers if you want.

Attachments

• PHC-CEU (1).pdf
    218.8 KB · Views: 13
  • ISA CEU Risk.pdf
    294.2 KB · Views: 10
Stick with the study guide.
I photocopied the reviews at the end of each chapter and then I took them like tests. Then after I graded / corrected them I studied the questions and answers....

Back