It begins...finally

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Began splitting and stacking of my pile of rounds that have been waiting to be done today.

007-10.jpg

Around 6-8 cords.

010-7.jpg

I cut my last round almost a month ago. Been piddling around organizing things on my firewood piles. Finally finished emptying this bin yesterday. That filled the woodshed and 2/3 of the usual stock on the back porch (total between the two s 5-6 cords normally). Last year I burned all winter out of that bin plus removed and restacked elsewhere another winters worth.

Didn't make much progress on the splitting today. Look close and you can see my '?progress? peeking from back of the tree by the fence. Fiskars am great!!. Temp 90 at noon and going up. I quite at noon :).

That project of manual splitting should keep me occupied for awhile. I don't plan on working hard at it, just enough to keep some semblance of 'condition' going through the fall. The Hydraulic splitter will come out occasionally to work up the tough splitting stuff (knots, crooks, etc) then the really bad stuff will get a visit from Mr. 361.

Harry K

That is great you are manually splitting to stay in shape even though you have hydraulic. I don't really touch my fiskars since getting hydraulic. Manual is too hard on my shoulders and elbows and I am young and in fairly good shape. If I had to split manually, I'd get over it and do it, but I don't. Keep plugging away and let us know when you get it done.

That is great you are manually splitting to stay in shape even though you have hydraulic. I don't really touch my fiskars since getting hydraulic. Manual is too hard on my shoulders and elbows and I am young and in fairly good shape. If I had to split manually, I'd get over it and do it, but I don't. Keep plugging away and let us know when you get it done.

I doubt if I "get-r-done" this year. About 1/3 of that stack isleft over from last year. I sort screwe off on splitting this spring. Kinda nice to have a pile to work on as the mood sstrikes.

For the first time in over 30 years I don't have one tree lined up for cutting. Quite a few prospects but I haven't done any followup on any of them yet.

Harry K

Back