it official the hushy 460 sucks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superfire

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
it official the husky 460 sucks

my husky 460 is out of here . damned chain brake got stuck and it took brute force to get it unstuck:bang: :bang: :cry: :cry: :angry2: going too sell the %%@@% saw after i get the %$#$%@$%^ chain brake back together. i am going too goo back too STIHLS. I have a 260 and a 038 supermag II and that is all i am going too run until husky makes a saw made too the same high quality.:rock: :rock:

Last edited:
Weren't you the same character that was having problems with av mount screws comming loose in your 260? Also what is a Super Mag II? I've seen Supers and MagIIs, but not "Super Mag II's".

Last edited:
me ferzgetfull

my 260 shook like a earthquake because i fergot too tighten the screws after my annual cleaning and maintenance.

I have a couple of customers here who will trade you a 290 or 310 with broken switch shaft mounts and broken/leaky flip caps.

The 460 is not a pro saw like the 260 and the 038

apples and oranges to an extent

And no I do not care for the 460 or the 455

I get caught more than once trying to drop start the stupid air injection saws.

Last edited:
I got a 028 woodboss toke down for cleaning iin a box I would trade you for the 460.
Bob

If its just not a spur of the moment frustration with the saw. List it up on ebay and use the funds to buy yourself a pro husky or stihl of your liking.

my husky 460 is out of here . damned chain brake got stuck and it took brute force to get it unstuck ....

How did that happen?

I don't like that family of saws because of the weight and amount of plastic, but this could be a minor issue, and even user error (?):taped: :help:

...and my friend Spike60 need to join in here........:greenchainsaw:

Sounds like a case of taking the sprocket cover off when the chain brake is set...doesn't work so well. I know i got a case of stupid and forced mine off w/ the chain brake set and broke it.
Lesson learned make sure the chain brake isn't set when removing the sprocket/chain cover. 12 bucks later and my chain brake was once again operational.

my husky 460 is out of here . (snip) i am going too goo back too STIHLS. I have a 260 and a 038 supermag II and that is all i am going too run until husky makes a saw made too the same high quality.:rock: :rock:

Wouldn't that be like someone running a Farm Boss, then complaining it's not as well built as a Pro Husky?

Why yes, I think it would...

That is usually caused by removing the side cover with the chain brake activated as bowtechmadman found out. This is not necessarily easily done because you have got to force the cover off with the brake clamped on the drum but it happens frequently enough that we warn our customers about the potential mishap when we sell a saw.

The 460 may or may not suck, but if that is the criteria that you use to determine weather a piece of equipment sucks or not you will never use a saw that doesn,t suck!

Taking the cover off without setting the brake happens all the time. Not a day goes by that we don't have to talk somebody back from the ledge.

Wow, this may win the Stupid Thread of the Week award. It's like saying that you hate Chrysler products because they get really bad gas mileage when you drive around with the parking brake on...yeah, that has a lot to do with the product's quality and design... :dizzy:

it aint no matter of fergetin to realese brake

the pin that holds the brake engagement star busted off, thats why it jammed and thats why i am hating it. stihl is self contained aint flapin in the open like the piece of useless krapppp:dizzy: KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID Thats the best way too engineer things:cheers:

Wow, this may win the Stupid Thread of the Week award. It's like saying that you hate Chrysler products because they get really bad gas mileage when you drive around with the parking brake on...yeah, that has a lot to do with the product's quality and design... :dizzy:
It looks like the parking brake was released ;).

Latest posts

Back