It was an expensive day..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamG

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Been saving up for a couple months for this. Came down to the wire whether I was going to get a 460 or 441. Still not sure why I chose 460 other than it just looks badass, and I was tired of reading hrs upon hrs of 441 vs 460 stuff. Either way I think i would've been happy, so I flipped the mental coin.
Got a 36" light bar for cutting in the slabwood jig, and a 25" for falling. Really anxious to go find somnething to tear up now!

Adam

Edit: Can anyone shed any light on how to directly post the pics instead of just attatchment links?

Edit: Can anyone shed any light on how to directly post the pics instead of just attatchment links?

Yep- you "preview" your post and right click the link for your picture and then select "Copy link location".

Then you hit the icon in the toolbar that looks like a picture, and click on the "from url" tab. Paste the link in that tab. Uncheck the box
that says "Retrieve remote file and reference locally."

217487d1326596140-460-jpg

217488d1326596141-460top-jpg

Been saving up for a couple months for this. Came down to the wire whether I was going to get a 460 or 441. Still not sure why I chose 460 other than it just looks badass, and I was tired of reading hrs upon hrs of 441 vs 460 stuff. Either way I think i would've been happy, so I flipped the mental coin.
Got a 36" light bar for cutting in the slabwood jig, and a 25" for falling. Really anxious to go find somnething to tear up now!

Adam

Help for pics in my sig.

217487d1326596140-460-jpg

Thanks guys! the 36 light doesn't feel too bad at all, and just sitting there it isn't nose heavy enough to tip under it's own weight. When I pick it up it does tend to want to dip slightly, but it doesn't bother me too much. yet.
Got the RSC3 chain for both bars. When I get some hrs on the saw and feel more comfortable (have never used a 70cc class) I will probably order full skip chains.
My brother just picked up a 362 last week with a 25" full skip and that thing rips!

Excellent choice! I've been saving for the same saw. I also like the old school 460 vs the 441. I think the 25" bar is over all a good choice, but I like the looks of that light 36". :rock:

I have never owned a 460 but I would be glad to have one in the stable. I have owned a 441 and was less than impressed by it. There's nothing wrong with a 441, but I can tote a 7900 for the same weight. Between the two saws you mentioned, I definitely think you made the right choice.

I have my three huskies: 346,372, and 390, but...vie been having a hunkering for a ported 460 with wrap handle and your pics aren't helping to curb my CAD:laugh:...Damn CAD will get you every time:rock:

Nice saw, thats one saw thats on my bucket list to get. 25" and 36" seam's like a good combo. A 362 with a 25" bar seams a bit much tho. He might notice more power with a 20" bar. You guys cutting hardwood or softwood?

Beefie

I have my three huskies: 346,372, and 390, but...vie been having a hunkering for a ported 460 with wrap handle and your pics aren't helping to curb my CAD:laugh:...Damn CAD will get you every time:rock:
:laugh: Yep, I think that's what got me into the 70cc range to begin with. It's really more saw than i need on the tree-front, but I really wanted to run a 36" for the slab jig.

Nice saw, thats one saw thats on my bucket list to get. 25" and 36" seam's like a good combo. A 362 with a 25" bar seams a bit much tho. He might notice more power with a 20" bar. You guys cutting hardwood or softwood?

Beefie

Hardwood slab and trees. He got a 20 bar that came with it too. He used it on a load of slab a couple days ago and he loves it.

Last edited:
Yep- you "preview" your post and right click the link for your picture and then select "Copy link location".

Then you hit the icon in the toolbar that looks like a picture, and click on the "from url" tab. Paste the link in that tab. Uncheck the box
that says "Retrieve remote file and reference locally."

You forgot the most important parts Sir. Jump over three running chainsaws backwards with fingers crossed and one eye open. :laugh:

The 460R is like having a faithful wife, it will serve you well and if you treat it as you should, will serve with great pleasure for years to come. You could not have made a better choice.

I kinda want to ask what the white spot is on the table next to the saw in the top view photo ,but maybe we don't want to know!!:D :msp_scared:

Nice saw by the way!!!

Back