Its been a great week!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doc874

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Picked up two Stihl 044's powerheads, complete, pistons look great, both seem tight but haven't tried to start yet, one has the bigger and better airfilter system on it. Also picket up a 1200 watt generator almost new, guy said it was seized after it tipped over in his truck without his knowledge and oil ran out, so when he started it, it seized. Well took the top off dumped some penetrating lube in waited about an hour or so than put a socket on the flywhell nut, the piston moved with only about 5lbs of torque on the socket handle and no apparent damage to sleeve or piston. Here's the great part, paid 50 bucks for gen: and 100 ea for 044's. Man gotta love this. Going to get a Pioneer P39 for 75 bucks on Thursday. I'm in heaven.

I'll post pic's of the stuff in a couple of days after i pick-up the P39 he said this was owned by an older gentleman and was in excellent shape with new 18 inch chain. I've always had a soft spot for the Pioneer saws which was my first saw a (P26). Just sold another 044 on fleabay, it ran good but needed work, mostly to make it look good.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back