It's here!!!!............Inside the MS661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The key thing I found with all the bars I had. It wasn't always about the weight. It was mostly about the balance. All about the pivot point of the saw bar combo IMHO.

Agreed. A 28" lite on a 660 is about perfect even though its about same weight as a 20es.

My 461 went to Tennessee at 1-800- monkeysurgery. They use bananas for antibiotics after surgery
If you keep feeding that 461 a steady diet of vitamins (Motul 800 2T off-road at 32:1) he'll be fine. Just occasionally mix some banana oil with the bar lube.

I have a regular 28"ES bar on my 660. Maybe I need to try a 28 or 32" ES light. Extra weight adds up quick after a few tanks of fuel.

email dave and get a 28" tsumura. ES light is good as well. Close to same price when u figure in sales tax and driving.

I've tried it several time with the 28" regular weight bars. I'll do a tank or 2 on the 660 and be like this sucks! lol Then I'll put the 28 tsumura on and I'll go another 4 tanks no problem. It's amazing how a shift in balance (cuz the weight savings is probably around 1lb only) makes a giant difference.

email dave and get a 28" tsumura. ES light is good as well. Close to same price when u figure in sales tax and driving.

I've tried it several time with the 28" regular weight bars. I'll do a tank or 2 on the 660 and be like this sucks! lol Then I'll put the 28 tsumura on and I'll go another 4 tanks no problem. It's amazing how a shift in balance (cuz the weight savings is probably around 1lb only) makes a giant difference.
Does the Tsumura weight close to an ES light in both 28" bars? Tsumura are also the Total brand of bars?

I prefer the 660R. cuz it's like what $30 more? and you get the wrap and HO oiler and large clutch cover. Stihl should only make 661R and 660R Just sayin!

If nothing else I'd get the R model for the HO oiler and or large clutch cover. Sell the handle if you don't like it. Buy a used regular one and paint it if it's too ugly. Probably easy to find?

to directly answer your question - I like the wrap design better and how the top of the handle continues further.

I prefer the 660R. cuz it's like what $30 more? and you get the wrap and HO oiler and large clutch cover. Stihl should only make 661R and 660R Just sayin!

If nothing else I'd get the R model for the HO oiler and or large clutch cover. Sell the handle if you don't like it. Buy a used regular one and paint it if it's too ugly. Probably easy to find?

to directly answer your question - I like the wrap design better and how the top of the handle continues further.
Thanks. I think I'll go that route. I spoke with a Stihl rep. several days ago and they said I couldn't order a "R" kit for my 660. They said I would have to order each part separate. I found out that's very pricey. At least I have the chain roller on my bar spikes so far..lol. HO oiler is next.

Just picked up a 36 stihl light bar and chains. Had the oiler turned up on the 661. Now where are those Goonies!
There is a pin next to the oiler adjustment that is a stop for max oil,you can tap the pin in to be able to turn the adjust screw more to gain more oil.:)

Guess they r adding some nice features to the newer saws today. Thats pretty nice to be able to tap that pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back