It's soooo nice to be heating with wood!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do a compromise with her, put a pellet stove on her side of the house and a wood stove on yours. I assume "yours" is the garage or basement; I'm married myself so I hear you talking. Luckily my wife is an even bigger cheap skate than I am and loves the wood. It's 0 here and I've got it up to 74 in the stove room, but I'm cheating a bit, we've got oil as a back up and that thermostat is set at 65. The stove is on one side of the house, so other side gets pretty chilly. We typically leave it at 60, but the stove needs a little help in these temperatures.

My wife is against pellet stoves too lol. She has accepted the fact that we are getting a owb after we redo our deck this summer. I'm going to reuse the old deck boards for a wood shed. Already started cutting and splitting wood. Once she sees how much we save not buying heating oil she will think its a good idea. I'm just tired of the huge price increases especially when I'm trying to plan our budget.

Back