I've gone & done it now....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He shouldn't have a problem Tilton's the big Jred distrobuter in the US also sells Total bars and chain.

Appreciate the info. I'll let him know. He's a friend of mine from high school and I think he's been only dealing with one company as far as bars and chains go. :rock:

Thanks again

I managed to head out to the woods yesterday......definately happy with the saw. Cuts strong right out of the box! Only managed 1 tank of fuel thru it, but it was a good day!

First cuts, scratch one Ash tree.
This was an edge of the woods/field tree. Easy drop but it could have hung up in the Soft Maple next to it. I took the time to rig & cable it...easier to walk to the truck and hit the winch button than try to figure out how to unstick a 60+ ft Ash tree.
Rigging wasn't needed, it went over like a ton of bricks. I didn't see it hit, to busy running like he11 to avoid any widomakers.

Ed

attachment.php

attachment.php

sure is a thick hinge... she must've been leaning or something

nice stumps, once again

Nice pics...

Still amazed how nice that saw looks....How she do Ed??? I never ever had a chance to run a Jonsered....You just dont see them around here...Heck,,alot of people I work with would say I never heard of that saw....
Husky and Stilh's.....

Last edited:
sure is a thick hinge... she must've been leaning or something

nice stumps, once again

Slight lean, slight pressure from rigging (cable was just lifted off the ground). Tree was tangled up with the Maple next to it, only 4' away (shows in 2nd pic). As soon as it started to go....I was history. I didn't see any widomakers up there, but not going to chance it!

Still amazed how nice that saw looks....How she do Ed??? I never ever had a chance to run a Jonsered....You just dont see them around here...Heck,,alot of people I work with would say I never heard of that saw....
Husky and Stilh's.....

She ran great! I've had experience with 371 & 372xp's, this saw was damn close to full power right from the start!

I'll admit I've never been more pleased with a new saw.

Ed

Looks too shiny to use. Have fun and spend the money before it's only suitable for wall paper.

you know i used to not like the looks of a jonsered, but man, im more and more becoming captivated by them, this one especially..just so fine looking...

congrates and im jealous!

is there a high rise heavy duty filter for a jonsered or is that strictly husky???

yowzerz

let get my bib before i drool all over the keyboard:jawdrop: :givebeer: that thing is awesome posssum. makes the word work a none compatible sister.

:greenchainsaw: :cheers: :cheers:

How much trade in did you get for that awsome saw? Not familiar with the sale..

On the 2171 the dead and half parted out Poulan "trade in" was worth $150.00 off.
My dealer donates the trade in saws to a local high school for their small engines class. :clap: :clap:

Ed

Back