ive got to give a +1 for demott tool.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!!!

We are trying hard to build a good name and good customer service is our number one goal.
"Rather a good name be chosen than great riches"

Thanks again!!!

I agree 100%. They are great folks with a quality product at a fair price. What more could you ask for. No, I do not own stock in the company, just a satisfied customer.
Jeff

the customer service from demott tool ( www.demott-tool.com ) has been WAY over my expectations and the grinder teeth hold up much longer than the super teeth i use to buy from rayco. ( and at a much lower price with an exchange program. )

thank you demott tool.

www.MillerTreeServices.com

Parts supply for grinders and chippers questions

We been kicking about the idea of selling parts for chippers and stump grinders here for while now.
Our question is what parts are the most common: Belts, Spockets, Bearings, Hydraulic hoses etc.?
Is there any parts that could be rebuilt?
Should we buy used machines and sell parts like a junkyard does for cars?
If you have any thoughts on this please post.

We been kicking about the idea of selling parts for chippers and stump grinders here for while now.
Our question is what parts are the most common: Belts, Spockets, Bearings, Hydraulic hoses etc.?
Is there any parts that could be rebuilt?
Should we buy used machines and sell parts like a junkyard does for cars?
If you have any thoughts on this please post.

chipper knives for one...

hoses people can get made up in most places, but bearings might not be a bad idea if you can have a decent selection, but im sure the bearings arent the same for every machine so you might need to have ALOT of different sets on hand.

bolts for the stump teeth / pockets. people might want to order some with their teeth.

belts might not be a bad idea.

theres not much else i can come up with that people need to replace frequently where you wont have stuff sitting around collecting dust...

Sold some old Rayco teeth to Schwab Machine Services a.k.a. stumpcutterking out of Jacksonville, FL because he advertised up to $2/tooth and these things were just sitting in the back of my shop. Instead of looking them over and sending me a check I was told they would have to go throught he whole production process. Six weeks later, after multiple phone calls, I did get a check-not nearly what I thought I might get. I just wanted some extra beer money and barely broke even on the shipping and time spent boxing them up. Shame on me...

What does Demott give for surplus teeth and how soon do you guys turn a check around?

Stump Cutter Exchange

Sold some old Rayco teeth to Schwab Machine Services a.k.a. stumpcutterking out of Jacksonville, FL because he advertised up to $2/tooth and these things were just sitting in the back of my shop. Instead of looking them over and sending me a check I was told they would have to go throught he whole production process. Six weeks later, after multiple phone calls, I did get a check-not nearly what I thought I might get. I just wanted some extra beer money and barely broke even on the shipping and time spent boxing them up. Shame on me...

What does Demott give for surplus teeth and how soon do you guys turn a check around?

We exchange cutter teeth. Our exchange rate is 6 to 1.
What that means is you get 1 reconditioned tooth for every 6 used cutter teeth you send us. There is no process to go through to determine which ones can be used. Just about every one can be reconditioned. Of course if it had to be cut off with a torch from the machine or the threads are striped we can not use it.

Ship using the flat rate box, costs $9.00 and holds 36 cutters. You will get 6 reconditioned cutters back. We ship with in 4 days or less of receiving your used cutters depending on our production load.

When shipping please double box and wrap the cutters in stacks very tightly. This will keep the load from shifting and breaking the box.

Please contact us if you have any more questions.

When shipping please double box and wrap the cutters in stacks very tightly. This will keep the load from shifting and breaking the box.

i made an error at this part... didnt use enough tape and it seems one box isnt strong enough. pack them in a double box, pack them like youre shipping fragile items- nice and tight.... i wont get into details but demott took care of the problem for me.
in return i plan on sending a few extra teeth to them to make up for my mistake.

Back