Jalapeno poppers in the OWB

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always wanted to cook in the OWB, but never got around to it. If I ever build one myself, a side oven on it will be a feature.

We always keep a twin stick by the back door..

Many of hot dogs and polish sausages have been cooked in the OWB.

attachment.php
[/IMG]
attachment.php
attachment.php
[/IMG]

Sorry it took awhile...had to taste test the first batch. Here are some shots of the second batch. Cooked them on a split of red oak, made sure blower was kicking throughout the cooking time (didn't want to much of a smoke taste). In the fire was all red and white oak.
They were fantastic...went very well w/ some fresh homemade salsa and Leinenkugels 1888 Bock and Fireside Nut Brown.

I tell ya, I just got done eating and they still make my mouth water!!! I had to show my wife and she is impressed also. I sure will have to try it sometime!!! Great idea!!! As soon as I'm able to I will give you rep just for your "boiler cuisine"

Last edited:
Now that is a great Idea. I never even thought about cooking with my boiler. My wife will really think I'm crazy when I take the steaks out to the Central Boiler for a BBQ.

What a great idea! Throw that recipe up, I'm always up to trying a new recipe.

Here goes:
split jalapeno's (take out seeds and veins/white stuff)
saute in skillet: red onion, 1 fresh mushroom, couple cloves of garlic, some red pepper (dice everything prior to sauteing)
mix sauted veggies w/ 8 oz of cream cheese, and 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
fill jalapeno halves w/ cream cheese mixture
put the jalapeno's back together and wrap w/ bacon
wrap w/ tin foil
bake in OWB for about an hour or so
in absence of OWB feel free to utilize grill or oven.
You'll probably have enough cream cheese mixture to fill about 12-16 good sized jalapeno's.
Enjoy!

Here goes:
split jalapeno's (take out seeds and veins/white stuff)
saute in skillet: red onion, 1 fresh mushroom, couple cloves of garlic, some red pepper (dice everything prior to sauteing)
mix sauted veggies w/ 8 oz of cream cheese, and 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
fill jalapeno halves w/ cream cheese mixture
put the jalapeno's back together and wrap w/ bacon
wrap w/ tin foil
bake in OWB for about an hour or so
in absence of OWB feel free to utilize grill or oven.
You'll probably have enough cream cheese mixture to fill about 12-16 good sized jalapeno's.
Enjoy!

Something above just doesn't seem right.....hmmmmm

That sounds great!!!! Thank You!!:clap:

Awesome! Don't want to hijack your thread, but I've got baked beans on the woodstove right now. Chicken is smoking with apple wood. Another resaon I love heating with wood.

Awesome! Don't want to hijack your thread, but I've got baked beans on the woodstove right now. Chicken is smoking with apple wood. Another resaon I love heating with wood.

That sounds good too!!!

Maybe this should be the "good eats with wood heat" Thread

Back