jap red maple and blue spruce

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TIM81

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hi and thanks in advance i have a two trees i am concerned about first a sm jap red maple that all the leaves dried up and fell off in the spring within two weeks of the leaves opening up i thought it died almost cut it down when i noticed it budding again and now it has leaves again what happened and is it normal? second is a blue spruce that the bottom half is bare of needles top half is nice a full there is two others close by and they both are good full to the ground whats up with it? if it cant be fixed and i cut it down would a apple tree grow in it place though the spruces old root system? again thank you for your time

Jap Maples leaves probably caught a late freeze. Never heard of an apple grafted on the root stock of a spruce.

not thinking of grafting just cutting down spruce and planting something else in it place like a fruit tree but i am wondering how it would grow with the old spruce roots there?

Latest posts

Back