JD CS46 vs. Ryobi 10532

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panamamike

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
JD CS46 vs. Ryobi 10532?

How much better of a saw is the JD CS46 over the Ryobi 10532?
Will it offer better control and feel, or is it simply a quality build thing?

I know the Ryobi is the bottom of the latter deal, but supposed to be better than the usual consumer garbage because it's a GZ400 clone.

How close/far off am I here?

Also, people have said the Ryobi is slow, well how slow is slow?
2x, 4x ect... slower? Will I have to work significantly harder using one saw over the other?

That's probably one of my main criteria.

How much work it is to use the saw, then having to adjust the saw while in use. Things such as having to readjust tension ect...

Regards,

Mike

Last edited:
I bought one of those Ryobi saws this past fall at one of those fire hall tool sales. Its a decent little saw and I use it as my truck saw. I replaced the bar and chain with a 16'' chain from an older Poulan Micro and Baileys 30LP chain. I put a couple holes in the muffler and had it tweaked a little. Big improvemant over new.

I bought one of those Ryobi saws this past fall at one of those fire hall tool sales. Its a decent little saw and I use it as my truck saw. I replaced the bar and chain with a 16'' chain from an older Poulan Micro and Baileys 30LP chain. I put a couple holes in the muffler and had it tweaked a little. Big improvemant over new. I only paid $109 for it but would have gladdly paid a little more for one of those 40cc JD'S

I never ran those smaller JD's but heard they're decent saws and probably much better than the Ryobi. As far as overall performance over the Ryobi it should be better but how much noticeable I don't think that much. Look for the cs50 or better yet the cs 56 and then you'll really see a big differance. I had a Cub Cadet 56cc that was the same as a JD. It was a good saw,but I replaced it with a 2065 Jonsered

Back