JD180 belts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle1!

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right spot but have a JD180 mower that dad had the transaxle rebuilt but didn't finish putting the thing back together. I have the electric clutch off and I'm ready to put the new drive belt on but have no idea how it goes. The web has not been much help unless I purchase a service manual. Can anyone diagram how the belt is suppose to go? Thanks

Brian

I also looked for the diagram, cant believe i couldnt find it!!!
Any way found this link that has pictures of decks on it. You should be able to figure it out from these. The decks have number tags on them if it has not been removed. If you google that number it aslo should help. I found a 970 model deck, dont know if that is what most of them are. They used a 38 deck on Many models, but they might have different motor to deck belts.
Sorry for the rambling, but it is confusing!

Google Image Result for http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r591/jimbochap1/003.jpg

That is my deck so thanks for that but what about the drive belt from transaxle to the motor. I am most confused on its routeing and I have not been able to find a pic. I'll look again.
Brian

Watch

That is my deck so thanks for that but what about the drive belt from transaxle to the motor. I am most confused on its routeing and I have not been able to find a pic. I'll look again.
Brian

Brian, watch out!!!! he might tell you how to run it completely backwards. He's done it to me before!!!!!:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back