Jeepin Jon's Jeeps!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeepin Jon

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My Fleet;

The trail rig, a 1996 Cherokee(XJ) with way too much to list.
DSC_0176.jpg

IMAG0030.jpg

My Dad's old XJ, a 1990 that I have resto-modded my self after his death in 2002
P1020700.jpg

My oldest son's XJ
wadesjeep3.jpg

My middle son's XJ
P1010673.jpg

Our beater Jeep;
momsjeep.jpg

My wife's Wrangler
P1020176.jpg

My HEMI Commander.
P1020177.jpg

Had to open my mount didn't I...LOL

Nice looking fleet you got there...:clap:

Thank you! I started out with a 69 C101(Jeepster Commando) and then had a 78 CJ-5, then a 80 CJ-7 and finally my last CJ was a 72 CJ-5 that I dropped a 1957 283 SBC in that came out of a Bel-Air

Pics;
my72cj-5.jpg

more283.jpg

I sold it after my 3rd son came along, needed more room(screwed myself out of a nice Jeep:D)

I love the CJ's but the XJ's wheel so friggin nice if built properly. You don't get that "oh crap, were gonna flop!" feeling that you get in the CJ when on the rocks.

Not the best pictures, but the best I could find quick...

Here is my daily driver....

92269d1236560467-dsc00490-jpg

My 1974 CJ that sits more than anything...:msp_sad:

attachment.php

The wifes SRT8...

attachment.php

Not the best pictures, but the best I could find quick...

Here is my daily driver....

92269d1236560467-dsc00490-jpg

My 1974 CJ that sits more than anything...:msp_sad:

attachment.php

The wifes SRT8...

attachment.php

Nice fleet!

Nice job on the '90, he'd be proud.:msp_thumbup:

Thank you! It was sold by my dad's second wife after he died, I searched for it and found it 3 years later in the back of a vacant lot with a blown engine, a trashed interior and a homeless guy living in it! I found the owner and bought it back for $400 and started the resto. I had the original 4.0 rebuilt by a local engine builder and then did the rest myself excluding the paint. I improved a few things along the way as well like 4.10 gearing(F/R) and a Detroit Locker in the rear(I set up my own gears) a Advance Adaptors Slip Yoke Eliminator and Tom Woods drive shaft, a 3" lift(home brewed), some TJ wheels, Remote start, iPod ready radio, Factory skid plates and a bunch of other stuff.

When i lived up north a ways back I could have picked up an old Willy's for $800 but my '64 beetle was runnin' just fine. I could kick myself...we just picked up a clean resto at the local American Legion....to the tune of $15K. :bang:

Here are some more of my past rides, I'm all Jeep now but I use to love Fords till FoMoCo pissed me off!

My wife's 99 SVT Cobra convertible, we sold it for more than we paid for it! No kiddin'
moresvtcobra.jpg

My 01 F-150, the Ford that made me hate Fords
more2001f-150.jpg

I have owned over 40 cars/trucks, all brands, over the last 30 years and the Jeep brand has been the most dependable

Nice !! I want an old CJ bad, but I need another vehicle like I need another chainsaw. My neighbor just finished restoring one, he dropped a Corvette LT1 motor in it.

LOL...My wife works in F&I at our local Ford dealership...Doesn't always go over that well that I buy and drive Jeeps...Every since they started making employees pay $100 a month to drive demos she has been driving a Jeep...:D

LOL...My wife works in F&I at our local Ford dealership...Doesn't always go over that well that I buy and drive Jeeps...Every since they started making employees pay $100 a month to drive demos she has been driving a Jeep...:D

I give Ford some credit though, they didn't take any bail-out money from us, to that I commend them!

Our Commander will be paid off this year and I might pick up one of the Fiesta's for an around town car to sip gas with. I owned 5 of the "original" Fiesta's back in the late 70's/early 80's and they were tough little cars. I doubt the new ones are near as good but since my MIL works at a Ford dealership I can get one at $100 over cost. If Jeep made a fuel sipper that was descent, I would buy yet another Jeep! All of my Jeeps get about the same mileage(even the HEMI and the trail rig) 13-16 in town, 19-22 highway.

Jon I just have to ask why Ford made you mad. :msp_unsure:

My 01 truck started having transmission issues at 14k but it was out of the 36 months warranty. Ford would not cover the repair to the tranny even though they knew there was an issue with some of them. Apparently when the trannies where manufactured a locking ring was left loose on the clutch pack(there was a Ford TSB on this) but Ford would not stand behind the issue so they wanted $3500 to repair a truck that only had 14k on it.

I sold the truck and went back to Jeeps. Our Commander and Wrangler have both been excellent with no issues to date. A few little things have needed addressed much like any new car but Chrysler has taken care of all of them in a timely manner. If Ford had worked with me even a little on the truck I would still be a loyal Ford owner.

Add another one to the fleet, I just got done with a resto-mod on this 89 4.0/AW4/short bed Commanche 4x4. I paid
$250 for it not running, I have about 3k in it and I did all the work myself except paint.
View attachment 199562

That thing is sweet. I have a 97 Wrangler with a bad frame that I am going to hack up and turn into a pickup cab. Then I am going to look for a box off a comanche, and mount it all on a Ferd Ranger chassis.

View attachment 203627

1984 Jeep cj7 built from the ground up with my son, great project. Powered by a Chevy 327, with a sm 465 granny low 4 speed, Dana 300 twin stick transfer case, fully trussed rear axle and a bunch of other miss FUN STUFF !! JEEP ON

Nice a site not dedicated to off road that knows the difference between Jeeps and Toyotas :clap: How about this one then. This is my next project, its a 69 Commando that I have a Chevy stroker motor, SM 465, NP 203 range box hooked up to an NP 205. Axles are Dana 60 front and Coorporate 14 ff in the rear. I plan on running 40-42" tires. I purchased this 4 years ago and $ is a roadblock but I prettymuch have everything but time and the $$ for the little stuff at the moment. Its my 10 year build. View attachment 203803

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back