Jobu

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bolens1886

Reaction score
I have an old saw that carries the JOBU name on it and made in Norway. The only numbers I can fin on it are stamped in the housing, they look like it was done by hand. They are LP5 8475. It is a good runner but I would like to know more about it as every time I try to get a part all I get is funny looks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Jobu you have is model LP5.

The LP5 was made in a small town near Oslo, Norway, which is called Drobåk. My records indicate the LP5 was produced in 1976 and that 6,500 of this model were produced. It has a 48cc engine.

The LP5 was sold in limited quantities here in the USA.

I think My Grandfather sold them out of his garage I found a chain off one today I think My brother still has one too .Is it red /orange in color small saw ?

Originally posted by Darin
WOW, you guys are pretty good. I always thought that JOBU was the god that Sorono sacrificed chickens too in the movie "Major League". :laugh:

Darin we are trying to learn hear on this site. Will you please hold the jokes to yourself.:p

A response from a person I questioned on this subject.

Subject: SV: jobu saw
Date:Tue, 30 Oct 2001 09:24:25 +0100
To: "John Paul Sanborn" <[email protected]>
References: 1

Hi John. Jobu LP 5 is a chainsaw made in Drøbak in Norway in the beginning of 1980. 49 ccm engine. Electrolux bought JOBU in 1983 I think. Some years after they made some JOBU at Jonsered factory. To day JOBU company is named Jonsered Norway and they are selling Jonsered in Norway. It is posible with some parts and some other infos if you want.

Best regards

Anton
----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2001 12:47 AM
Subject: jobu saw

> At this site, a guy is asking about a Jobu say with LP5 8475 stamped on
> the housing.
>
> http://www.ArboristSite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1483
>
> It is in the "chainsaw" forum if the link does not go there directly.
>
> I did a search on Jobu and you site popped up. Can you help us out?
> --
> John Paul Sanborn
> Staff Arborist
> Milwaukee Country Club
>
>
> Freelance Climber

Back