John Deere 50V

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hank Z

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My local recycling center is kind of neat! If I bring him my junk metal, and I seem to have lots at times, he sets things out that someone may need or use!
This last week, in delivering some metal, he had set out a John Deere 50V. Good compression, not any abuse for its age, gas tank half full of old fuel, and I suspect
the gas line and carb or gooeyed up! I am starting out ok as it was free. Next comes the fun part. Foing to look around for a service manual. If anyone can help, that would be
appreciated, or am I on a quest of just spending some time? The 50V weight reminds me of McCullough brand in weight!

The 50V is a rebadged Echo 452vl. Not the fastest cutting saw but reliable as they come and a decent thing to grab when you aren't sure what you might encounter on a trip around the property.

I do not have a service manual, but echo still has the pdf of the owners manual on their website. I am betting the tank line is trashed, the one from the tank fitting to the carb MIGHT be ok. Take the recoil cover off and you will see where the tank fitting is. Remove the screw, and very carefully because its plastic, remove the fitting and the tank line and filter, or what is left of it will come with it. probably want to get a carb rebuild kit too.

Use Jacks Small engines to find the Echo P/N and then eBay search for what you need. I have 3 of these in Echo clothing.

Ty for info, Also found a sight out of canada that has all the major specs gathered together. Just from holding it, it appears heavy for what it does. Got Stihl's much lighter that cut great and always start! But this old thing will fun to mess with.

I have the parts list, service manual an owners manual for the Echo 452.

You can still buy alot of oem parts from echopartsonline. One annoying thing is the air filters are pricey, readily available just pricey.
If you take the pull starter cover off, on the left side, there is a small groove that the fuel line sits in. If the line isnt in that opening you will pinch the fuel line when you reinstall the cover.

I use my 452 all the time.

TY for the info! I venture both the fuel line needs replaced and carb cleaned! The tip on the fuel line is appreciated.
Since my post, I have obtained both the 452 owners manual and the repair manual from another member. I also ran across so some chainsaw data out of Canada for both the 50V and 452. I have included it in my response! I find this saw also a bit on the well made heavy side. But, always a joy to get one of these Chainsaws back running as it did when purchased!

Again TY!

Hank

Attachments

• Echo CS-452VL data.pdf
    69.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Deere 50V data.pdf
    64.3 KB · Views: 0
Back