John Deere chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmmmm wonder if a cs62 head and piston will bolt up to the cs56??? now there is a thought!! but only after I run the 56 ragged!

Took mine out today and cut a truck load and a half with it and it just keeps getting better. Sometimes tho if you lean on it too hard it will stall the chain. Still aint gonna complain about it for the price. Most every thing I cut today was oak or mulberry and a pinch of ash. Gonna go back tomorrow and hook Old Glory ( my red white and blue 88 f250 ) to a few more logs and see if I can encourage them to come outta the creek.

My Wildthang never even got outta the case today! Guess I'm just gonna have to learn the wife on how to use it so it don't get lonely!

Back to the JD Chainsaws

During the first tank of fuel, my CS56 was very tight and was slow to rev. Now that it's on the second tank, it's loosened up just enough that's it's quite SWEET. I can't believe how cheap it was . Definitely a winner.

Anyone notice that in the manual it says break in time is 20 hours or 30 tanks?? I'll have next years wood cut and split before its broke in!

I had the 56 in Cub Cadet yellow. It was a good saw and for that money even better. I sold it because I got a killer deal on a J-Red 2065. No comparo of those 2. Look for a 62 if you can find one.

I've ran Olympics for years. Great saws. Maybe a little heavy, but they are known for torque throughout there line-up. I have a 264 that pulls a 20'' bar with ease. I have 2 945 afs and a 950af. All heavy but well made.

Are all the Deere saws made by Efco? and would the CS40 make a good back up/beginner saw? My MS290 is just a little heavy for my oldest daughter to run comfortably.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! The 290 weighs in at 13 lbs so it can be a little heavy for a smaller user, at that price I doubt I could go wrong!:greenchainsaw:

If you're buying from D and G Equipment in Michigan, they are automatically applying the coupons and include the coupon discount in their advertised prices. Still dirt cheap, $165 shipped for a CS46??

My CS56 was shipped out monday and was sittin on my porch when i got home today :clap:
I' ll try her out tomorrow.
IMG_6010.jpg

I bought the last cs62 D&G had about a month ago, $345.00 shipped and on step in 2 days. I like it, runs strong w/ 18" bar.

Latest posts

Back