John Deere saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
retoocs555 said:
Go with a old garden tractor, they ARE better built. I love old Cub Cadet and Bolens garden tractors, gotta be at least 12 horse to big enough to play with though. Wheel horse is good too. Old deere is good but everybody seems to think they're made of gold, lots of $1000 pos green garden tractors out there.
My neighbor has an ancient Wheel Horse that still mows.

Bad E said:
Shopping at Home Depot the other day I looked over the new John Deere garden tractors. They have been really cheapened up and now sport Briggs and Stratton motors just like the cheap no name models beside them, but they were asking premium prices for them
No thanks JD.

They are now made by MTD for Deere... great... another example of whoring of a great name...

We're getting of topic here but I still do my trimming with a C-81 Wheel Horse with 36" rear discharge and 8hp Kohler. Then knock out the big stuff with a 60" rear discharge on a Yanmar Diesel. That little Horse is a great mower and I wouldn't trade it for 2 new MTDs The Yanmar is a great little tractor too and they also build the John Deere compacts. Just what does John Deere make themselves, anymore? I believe you have to be over 95hp to get a real Deere tractor. I guess no child's play stuff for 'em

at one time deere was selling the homelite line also. at that time the deere saws looked very much like the homelite.but im talking the ones sold at hd..
it my understanding deere is no longer selling the homelite line.
as to the efcos . they held up well for me...but most of the deere dealers here, dont even service saws .
tilton or tilotson[oh heck something like that] is the distributor here in the states. at least thats what ive been told.

Lakeside53 said:
They are now made by MTD for Deere... great... another example of whoring of a great name...
They look cheap like Murray's or Huskee or any other MTD makes, but they are still asking premium prices????I guess there are still those that buy the name.

tony marks said:
as to the efcos . they held up well for me...but most of the deere dealers here, dont even service saws ..

My local Deere dealer services any brand of saw, and they're great people to deal with.

But they don't sell Deere saws. They sell Echo! Go figure! :dizzy:

But IF I had the money for a new saw, I'd give either the Echo or the Deere a hard look. There are no decent Stihl or Husky dealers near me.

deere saws

Well ladies in defence of deere when you want parts they have or get them fast! Go to home depo, sears or others and ask for parts=1 800 somewhere.
I realize not all dealers are chainsaw people as deere sells many products. The box stores sell this model this year and that the other.:buttkick:

Latest posts

Back