johnsered 670

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To paraphrase, -I can buy a 10 year old pickup truck for $700, is this a good deal?-
I have no clue if the saw is in decent shape, compression, broken/worn parts, etc.
To decide if it is a good deal, look at the following items:
1) Compression- you should have good resistance when slowly pulling the starter rope with the switch off.
2) Does it run/cut strong? Ask to test cut with it.
3) Has it been properly maintained? Is there 5 year old crud built up around the sprocket? Does the air filter seat properly? Has crud been slipping past an unmaintained air filter?

Hope this helps, as for your particular deal I would have to do the above items to determine if it is a good deal.:)

thank you
it has good comp just sour gas fron sitting so long [hurts my arm from pulling it]
hit a time or two
might run witk fresh gas

Whenever you pick up a "cheap" saw that has been sitting for a long time, spend a few bucks and have the carb rebuilt and a leak test done on the engine to make sure there are no air leaks. The jonesy 670 is a nice, big saw and you might have found a diamond in the rough.

Back