Joncutter chain tensioner upgrade?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Shooters Apprentice

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I picked up a JonCutter G4500 the other day. I have to say, this is the best saw I’ve ever run in the price range. Saw runs really good. Good power, and seems well made. Way better then a poulan.

However. I’m not a real fan of the way the chain tensioner is. Looking at the clutch cover, it looks like it’s made to accommodate a tension that can be turned from the side instead of the front.
Has anyone found a tensioner from a different t saw that will fit these?

D71A6765-5D61-40BA-861A-56C1EEF2AEE7.jpeg

F2E4E2FD-16B7-4598-9F19-1F3A55775AE1.jpeg

I think this is a personal choice but I prefer the chain tensioner in the front like on your saw. Never had a problem with that part, seems bullet proof.

Go on ebay or amazon and buy a side adjuster for it, there's tons of em around, the 45,52,58 and 61are all the same.
I have one of each on my chinese saws, the front facing one on the joncutter and the side one on the timberpro.
If you were near me I'd trade you as the front tensioner that's on the joncutter is more robust and better on these saws. The plastic cover flexes around the side tensioner and it strips easy.

Latest posts

Back