Jonesred Iorn Horse

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodchux

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anybody have one of these or used one?
Looks real sweet.

www.tiltonequipment.com/Jonsered/Tilton_Jonsered_iron_horse_images_page.html

attachment.php

wow, that thing looks neat! I wonder if my local jonsered dealer will start to carry these? would be interesting to see one in action.

a better alternative to a min skid? hmmm

I looked into them about 7 or 8 years ago. They seem pretty limited to pecker poles and firewood. That picture shows 2 units. Never got to see one in action as the nearest dealer that stocked one was 8 hours away. They wanted in the neighborhood of 11K for the basic version.

Looks like the one on the left has a saw mounted to it. how exactly does that work? Some sort of a mobile mill setup? I agree, looks like one of them might not have that big of a capacity

John464 said:
wow, that thing looks neat! I wonder if my local jonsered dealer will start to carry these? would be interesting to see one in action.

a better alternative to a min skid? hmmm

No comparasion to a mini skid, at least for residential tree work.

Freakingstang said:
Looks like the one on the left has a saw mounted to it. how exactly does that work? Some sort of a mobile mill setup? I agree, looks like one of them might not have that big of a capacity

It may just be a scabbard for the saw, and the kant hook is sitting in a holder as well. No sense carrying if the machine'll do it for ya, but where's the can holder for the cold libation?

woodchux said:
Spec page says 2.5 psi ground pressure with 1000# load.

That is pretty impressive....

I didn't see the link originally, that thing looks like a really versatile machine. Can't justify the cost for me, though. lol. I'll put it on the wish list incase I win the lottery....

Ive used the iron horse quite a bit. It has its use, but its a bit clumsy, a mini-tractor has proved more efficient. Its very handy for pulling heavy loads of debris though, just put a sling round it and of you go. Its really made for getting logs out of more difficult terrain, woodland etc, and for garden work there is better alternatives I think.

Latest posts

Back